Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Wouldn't say this annoyed me, but what is the point of this? Any and all departure information, in visual form, is right next to this. It's surely quicker (and easier) to just read it?

There is surely no person getting information exclusively from this.

Gives off Middle Management thinking they are doing a thing vibes whilst verging on patronising IMO.

20240703_143938.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

My dad (in his 80s), when asked a question by a doctor or nurse who is obviously of Asian descent, feels the need to reply to them in a kind of strange broken English with sign language thrown in despite them usually having a thicker Scottish accent than him .

When you put heavy items on the supermarket conveyor first so they can go into your bag first but the till attendant puts your items through in a random order, because obviously you want your pepper smashed up amongst the bottles & tins.

ETA: if it's a 'big shop' then I'll lay it out heavy-light-heavy-light (planning ahead for filling two bags), but the staff will throw a spanner in the works somehow.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

When you put heavy items on the supermarket conveyor first so they can go into your bag first but the till attendant puts your items through in a random order, because obviously you want your pepper smashed up amongst the bottles & tins.

ETA: if it's a 'big shop' then I'll lay it out heavy-light-heavy-light (planning ahead for filling two bags), but the staff will throw a spanner in the works somehow.

I used to do this on purpose when I worked in Fine Fare (look it up, kids).

The general public are c***s and deserve everything they get.

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A Charles for reminding me of Fine Fare not for your despicable behaviour 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know weather forecasts aren't hugely reliable in the sort of 2 week range.... but looking at it up to the 17th of July and seeing rain every day has me pretty seething

As a tourist I second this. I wasn't expecting constant sun and temperatures in the mid 30s but fucking hell. Its warmer in Sydney during mid winter. 

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Fine fare till milfs were tremendous back in the day. I had the nimblest fingers north of Aberlour.

I went to the one in Hamilton with my maw and da. Had to take back the weekly shop in a box which is about as much as I can remember 

There used to be a free bus from our area that took folk to/from the Motherwell Fine Fare. There was an auld wifie who got on it that used to go in and make a beeline to where they had a trolley of cheap damaged and dented tins, some with the labels missing. She'd shake them in an attempt to guess their contents then take a few. Must have been a tense affair in her house at lunchtime playing 'tin roulette' to see if you were getting a bowl of soup, custard, or pedigree chum. 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My mum and dad used to shop in the Easterhouse Fine Fare back in the day - you weren’t brave enough to work there were you?

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

A Charles for reminding me of Fine Fare not for your despicable behaviour 

Ditto.

37 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Gateway was superior. 

Kens the score.

Edited by The Naitch

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I know weather forecasts aren't hugely reliable in the sort of 2 week range.... but looking at it up to the 17th of July and seeing rain every day has me pretty seething

The whole of the marching season wiped out?