Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Some words would be useful. 

They might be in the car.

Android Auto is great, but the stock responses to messages are things like "Great" or  "OK" or the thumbs up emoji.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Some words would be useful. 

If all that's required is an acknowledgement then a thumbs up is fine. For example of someone said they were picking me up at a certain time, I'd probably reply with a thumbs up, rather than say that's great or something. If you've specifically asked a question that requires a worded answer then I'd agree. 

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If all that's required is an acknowledgement then a thumbs up is fine. For example of someone said they were picking me up at a certain time, I'd probably reply with a thumbs up, rather than say that's great or something. If you've specifically asked a question that requires a worded answer then I'd agree. 

I'm with @throbberon this. Language will soon be obsolete at this rate. Sad/smiley faces will soon be on Government correspondence.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm with @throbberon this. Language will soon be obsolete at this rate. Sad/smiley faces will soon be on Government correspondence.

As a man who often professes his love for silence and being left alone, I'm disappointed, and actually near disgusted, at your support for talking to people more. 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Nah, most apps are for relatively quick communication. 

If it was a lengthy answer from my query that I didn't really know, I'd like offer a typed reply. If it was a mate or family 👍 it is 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

When you go to the effort of sending an informative message and someone replies with a thumbs up emoji.

Basic acknowledgement - 👍(received)

Acknowledge information supplied is useful/agreed upon - 👌👍(received, excellent thanks)

Information supplied unsatisfactory - 🤔💩🤡(what is this pile of shite you clown?).