Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Is it buggery. I've been sleeping on my own for over a year now, and its terrible. :(

Dry yer eyes ;)

Being married is pretty fucking ace. :)

I have a recurring nightmare that I am waking up on my wedding day and I desperately want to get out of doing it but I have to go through with it - I don't see the point in it at all.

I have a recurring nightmare that I am waking up on my wedding day and I desperately want to get out of doing it but I have to go through with it - I don't see the point in it at all.

Each to their own and all that. Personally, I've never been happier. :)

I guess the single life is enjoyable if you have the skills to make the most of it. Or if you're *so* antisocial you hate everyone.

A little bit of "a" and a little bit of "b"

Just kidding, I like the company of other people but I also like my own space as well. I like going the whole weekend without talking to anyone or going home and going straight to bed if I want. I like getting drunk without having to ask anyone and I like not having to do things that I don't want to do simply because my wife wants to do them.

I am now expecting everyone on here who is married or has a partner to dump them following my great advice - sorry everyone!

You're really helping Debs :lol:

Soz.

Women are all fucking mental anyway. If I were a bloke, I'd just want to go out and shag as many of them as I could rather than get tied down to a mentalist. *scratches imaginary bollocks*

You're really helping Debs :lol:

Conversely, your plight is helping me gain a sense of perspective. A weird thank you sir. I'd offer useful advice but, frankly, I haven't a clue how to run my own life never mind someone else's advanced relationship crisis.

Although I would recommend more alcohol. :)

A little bit of "a" and a little bit of "b"

Just kidding, I like the company of other people but I also like my own space as well. I like going the whole weekend without talking to anyone or going home and going straight to bed if I want. I like getting drunk without having to ask anyone and I like not having to do things that I don't want to do simply because my wife wants to do them.

I am now expecting everyone on here who is married or has a partner to dump them following my great advice - sorry everyone!

stuart., do you think anyone is going to take any kind of advice on anything when it's written alongside an avatar of Kirk?

That would be the unhappy medium I guess

I wouldn't say that! My old boss was living with her man quite happily with their toddler without being married to him and if anything happens then they won't have as much bother if they need to split.

I have a friend that's totally stuck in a relationship with a man that's blatantly lied to her about meeting up with another woman on more than one occassion. She's in denial but everyone and their dog can see what's going on but because she's become so dependant on him she's not willing to consider leaving him. She knows damn fine he's likely playing away but considers it to be a fair price to pay for the lifestyle he provides her with (he brings in lots o dosh).

I know it's not typical (hopefully) but it is a horribly depressing situation. :(

Guest The Phoenix

Your nightmare? :unsure:

Better than the living nightmare that would await Mrs stuart. ;)

I wouldn't say that! My old boss was living with her man quite happily with their toddler without being married to him and if anything happens then they won't have as much bother if they need to split.

I have a friend that's totally stuck in a relationship with a man that's blatantly lied to her about meeting up with another woman on more than one occassion. She's in denial but everyone and their dog can see what's going on but because she's become so dependant on him she's not willing to consider leaving him. She knows damn fine he's likely playing away but considers it to be a fair price to pay for the lifestyle he provides her with (he brings in lots o dosh).

I know it's not typical (hopefully) but it is a horribly depressing situation. :(

That doesn't sound a very happy house to be in. Does your friend like the money and the lifestyle that much? I would be telling her to do her own thing, she may not have as fancy a car or house or as nice clothes but they are all pretty hollow when you are living a life like that.

My phrase "unhappy medium" did refer to my belief that the whole living with someone arrangement was probably the way to go if you absolutely had to.

Your nightmare? :unsure:

Better than the living nightmare that would await Mrs stuart. ;)

True, I wouldn't want to lumber someone with me and my ways. Although one of my friends did tell me tonight that they thought some people might like my stuart ways and stuart qualities, don't think they were drunk either.

Guest The Phoenix
That doesn't sound a very happy house to be in. Does your friend like the money and the lifestyle that much? I would be telling her to do her own thing, she may not have as fancy a car or house or as nice clothes but they are all pretty hollow when you are living a life like that.

My phrase "unhappy medium" did refer to my belief that the whole living with someone arrangement was probably the way to go if you absolutely had to.

True, I wouldn't want to lumber someone with me and my ways. Although one of my friends did tell me tonight that they thought some people might like my stuart ways and stuart qualities, don't think they were drunk either.

In fairness I believe that deep down you're a really caring type of guy and another plus side is that your Mrs could watch as much Corrie as she wanted.

I think really she still loves him unfortunately for her. As Debbie says women are nutters and we fall for and chase after the worse people! :lol:

I don't really know if I'd like to live with someone, like yourself I enjoyed living on my own. Don't think I'd get married though (even if there was anyone daft enough to ask me :lol: ).

Living on your own is the way ahead. If I was ever forced into marriage I would still like to maintain 2 seperate houses, one for each of us :)

No way! As Im single, I share with a couple friends, theres no way I would like to live on my own long term. I don't even like a couple weeks without anyone else in the house. Once I meet a new Missus Right, Ill be more than happy to share a place with her.

I've lived on my own and I've lived with a couple of girls over the years, and living in sin is def better. Having someone to come home to, sharing a chinese on a Friday night whilst watching telly on the sofa, going on holidays with etc is preferable to masterbation on your own.

I suppose I'm pretty well married, I just didn't have the actual 'big day'.

And Stuart, no-body forces you to get married, well unless it's an arranged marriage, but I suspect you are not Hindu/Muslim...

I've lived on my own and I've lived with a couple of girls over the years, and living in sin is def better. Having someone to come home to, sharing a chinese on a Friday night whilst watching telly on the sofa, going on holidays with etc

You can (and I do) do all that on your own easily though. In fact, I am going to America and Canada for a month on my own in July - can't wait. It would be nowhere near as good if I had to drag someone along with me.

No way! As Im single, I share with a couple friends, theres no way I would like to live on my own long term. I don't even like a couple weeks without anyone else in the house. Once I meet a new Missus Right, Ill be more than happy to share a place with her.

I've spent 15 of the last 24 months living alone. It definitely gets lonely- my spending/amount of trips to the pub increases a lot when I'm on my own (thus sick days go up as well!). Most of this time I've spent single too.

You can (and I do) do all that on your own easily though. In fact, I am going to America and Canada for a month on my own in July - can't wait. It would be nowhere near as good if I had to drag someone along with me.

But if you love someone, wouldn't it be nicer to take them? Life's a journey, and to me, it's better to share it with someone.

Whisper it, if you get the right one, she will let you go to the pub with your mates...