Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Thanks, Ruairidh is too tiny for any medicine so the wee soul just has to suffer through it. He's being so good though, not complaining and just sleeping it off. He's only taking small feeds though.

This has little to do with what you've just said, but it reminds me of something I was moaning abou the other day.

I hate it how babies are described as 'brave' by newspapers when they overcome some sort of disease or problem. I was in and out of hospital for my first two years and obviously don't remember a thing about it. I survived (not that it was anything too life threatening) because my immune system could cope with it, not because i or anyone else is 'brave' or not.

Another thing I hate is when a kids is killed in an accident and there is the usual statements from friends and family where the child is described as having been a joy to know, loving and caring etc. Half the kids these days are utter c***s and mistakes because their parents are scumbags. If I get killed and people get interviewd, I've told my flatmate and my mum and dad to say I was a right b*****d just to see the look on the face of the reporter.

This has little to do with what you've just said, but it reminds me of something I was moaning abou the other day.

I hate it how babies are described as 'brave' by newspapers when they overcome some sort of disease or problem. I was in and out of hospital for my first two years and obviously don't remember a thing about it. I survived (not that it was anything too life threatening) because my immune system could cope with it, not because i or anyone else is 'brave' or not.

Another thing I hate is when a kids is killed in an accident and there is the usual statements from friends and family where the child is described as having been a joy to know, loving and caring etc. Half the kids these days are utter c***s and mistakes because their parents are scumbags. If I get killed and people get interviewd, I've told my flatmate and my mum and dad to say I was a right b*****d just to see the look on the face of the reporter.

:lol:

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

My PTTGOYN is Liverpool FC. I've been stuck hearing about the 'sensitivities' of the Michael Sheilds case all day, and tbh, I'm sick of it. Liverpool have f**k all reason to be advertising this c**t's life/death/incarceration, at the end of the day he brutally attacked a waiter, and deserves to suffer the consequences of his actions, no bones about it.

This "We're all victims" angle from Liverpool draws far too many comparisons with their rarely walking alone counterparts in the east end of Glasgow IMO, and I'm frankly sick and fed up of football being used as a political pedestal (and yes I include my own club in that before any smart arse starts).

Edited by dave258

This "We're all victims" angle from Liverpool draws far too many comparisons with their rarely walking alone counterparts in the east end of Glasgow IMO, and I'm frankly sick and fed up of football being used as a political pedestal (and yes I include my own club in that before any smart arse starts).

I am sure you will get slagged off for saying that because you are a Rangers fan, but you are totally right about Celtic! Liverpool and Celtic are the most maudlin, sensitive, wallowing and glorying in misery two teams in the country, if not the world. If there is a person who is suffering and has got media attention, you can be sure that Liverpool and Celtic have the black armbands out and ready, and the fans have got their tribute already prepared.

God help it if those two clubs had played each other after 11/9 or the London bombings....the amount of wallowing would have probably made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. I swear, they should just implement a fucking black armband in as part of their respective home kits.

He's already written off two cars due to his inept driving, sorry I mean his satnav wrote them off. I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Technically only the second one was the satnav -it directed me down a 'farm track' -in hindsight this was a poor choice. The first one was aquaplanning on a bend and wouldnt have been a write off if hadn't landed on its roof.

my driving is not inept. I've only had two accidents driving. I would thoroughly endorse use of a seat belt though...

EDIT to add: GOOD PEOPLE I HAVE RETURNED! :D but its still snowing :angry:

Edited by theentomologist

I am sure you will get slagged off for saying that because you are a Rangers fan, but you are totally right about Celtic! Liverpool and Celtic are the most maudlin, sensitive, wallowing and glorying in misery two teams in the country, if not the world. If there is a person who is suffering and has got media attention, you can be sure that Liverpool and Celtic have the black armbands out and ready, and the fans have got their tribute already prepared.

God help it if those two clubs had played each other after 11/9 or the London bombings....the amount of wallowing would have probably made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. I swear, they should just implement a fucking black armband in as part of their respective home kits.

I dont care who takes the piss about me being a Rangers fan, I know my team has flaws.

The thing that annoys me is that Celtic and Liverpool adopt a 'holier than thou' attitude and jump aboard any tragedy or misfortune that they happen accross, and use it to promote the name of their own club.

Reminds me, whats the difference between a tragedy and a cow?

Celtic fans wouldn't know how to milk a cow, eh xbl ;)

I am an fully trained Equality & Diversity Advisor at work yet, despite this, I've been told that the new Home Office course through our intranet e-learning site is mandatory for all staff.

So I've just spent the last hour wading through the first four of the eight modules and realised it was time to return to my chums in Customs.

'Exit'

'Would you like to bookmark this course to return to it later?'

'Yes'

'Exit'

Returns to the course title page - 'Course not attempted'

It looks like I've lost the whole feckin lot! :angry: Modern frigging technology, PAH! <_<:(

Went to see a doctor this morning.

"Nothing too serious. If it gets sore, take paracetamol, if it keeps up come back and see me. Don't lie down. Bye" was basically it. Great help that. If this is not too serious then I hope to God I don't ever suffer from "serious" back pains! It's torture!

The one time of the day I get to use my PC and try to print some info off on the colour printer for my boss to try and impress her with my efficiency and skills and it makes a hideous grinding noise and promptly breaks down! :angry: Typical! <_<

Going out tonight and it's "School Disco" themed.

I had to buy a shirt yesterday in Tesco, and I just picked the first one I saw, didn't have time to stand about wondering about collar sizes.

I didn't realise Tesco made Pavarotti's shirts. S'fucking huge!

You're at Uni, you'll grow into it.

My maximum delivery count everyday is supposed to be 75.Today i had 128 on my van when i left the depot in Cumbernauld,I did manage to get someone to take some work off me but i still did 83 deliveries and 35 collections.

I can't wait for xmas to be over.

The joys of the courier business. Eh.Glad im sitting at a desk this time of year,i do miss the road though.

It's already been stolen by my girlfriend, for sleeping in.

Well, I'll have my £3 back then, you cheeky bitch <_<

Oh, and before anyone tries to be clever, it's far far too big on her too!

£3.00 on a shirt? :o

I see you've quickly forgotten where you've come from and become a billy big time.