N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

• 3 weeks later...

Premier sports are showing the Hurricanes v Bruins game tomorrow as part of a freeview for anyone

interested starts at 6pm

Hurricanes were absolute garbage, took them 9 games or something to get their first win, but they have 5 wins and a loss since

Eta: The bruins just got shafted 6-1 by the leafs the other day so I could see a response from them tonight, should be a half decent game

Edited by maplewell

• 2 weeks later...

It's been quiet in this thread this week. I thought the absolute circus that is the Toronto Maple Leafs would have caused some discussion. 6-1 off Buffalo then 9-2 off Nashville? Followed by 2 wins that weren't as important as wether or not the players saluted the fans at the end of the game? Brilliant stuff.

Leafs Pens tonight ☺

I watched the first minute where the pen's scored and then was busy, turned it on later in the night just in time for Pittsburgh to score the winner in OT :lol:

Great win for chicago tonight over Colorado, the Ave's are having a poorer season than thought

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Babcock would be off his rocker to leave the Wings to take up the reigns in Toronto. Unless Shanahan can convince him I suppose.

Coaching the biggest club in hockey will be an attractive proposition to most coaches no matter what state the Leafs are in. Not to mention Babcock is from Ontario and already has a stanley cup win with the wings so you cpuld argue he's already achieved everything there except multiple cup wins. I'd still put turning the Leafs around and making them a contender a more attractive proposition than staying in Detroit where he has already proved himself. Time will tell though Edited by wellfan09