N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

NJ Devils pulling some good results out of nowhere. Hughes, Hamilton and Mieier all injured but managed to end the panthers win streak and grab some OT points against the other Floridian team the other day. 

I think our main goalie is statistically the worst in the league and the new guy we've been playing has done very well, seems like we are full fitness and a few players away from being a top team imo. Probably getting carried away being a new fan but I think we'll make the playoffs, seems like we've managed to win ugly of late so can only see us getting better when the main players come back. 

I have been catching up with the thread.  I had tickets booked for two Montreal Canadiens' games and they locked the place down, as the Covid thing escalated.  Gutted.  I got my money back without asking, which was nice.   I can't compare Glasgow Clan to an NHL game.  However, folk seemed to be genuinely buzzing that I enjoyed the upgrade from Deeside Leisure Centre, in North Wales.  Good night to be had at Braehead.

It's looking more and more like Arizona Coyotes are moving to Salt Lake City 🤮

Gutted isn't the word. I could have stomached a team in Houston but still wouldn't be the same. They've had plenty of options (moving back in with the Suns, an actual ice arena in Glendale!) but managed to piss everyone off and are paying the price. 

It's such a shame as hockey in Arizona has exploded at grassroots and are punching well above their weight. Matthews and loads of other young players are from the AZ system but I can't see this carrying on without the Coyotes around

NJ Devils finally getting some players back from injury and got a very pleasing result last night. 

Apparantly Hughes will be back by the weekend so hopefully this is the start of our playoff push, the division is so tight right now it could go any way. 

Leafs annual outdoor practice at City Hall today, decent way to spend my lunch hour. Caught a puck and gave it to a Chivas player that had played in a Champions League game the night before against Forge FC in Hamilton. 

Outd1.jpg

Outd.jpg

3 hours ago, S7C said:

Keep waiting for the wheels to fall off but we’re still rolling.

All set up for Kessel to play 3 and score 2 in the playoffs!

Lindholm has settled in well too. Was getting my Canadian West teams muddled up and thought you had Perry too earlier! 

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

As a fan of a team whose wheels fell off after the all-star break I can confirm it's not fun.

As a supporter of a team with no wheels whatsoever I fail to empathise. 

On 16/02/2024 at 17:52, Miguel Sanchez said:

As a fan of a team whose wheels fell off after the all-star break I can confirm it's not fun.

I was dreading our game against you guys and granted it was a very close game but I was very surprised you didn't roll us over. 

Cracking result for Devils at the stadium series games, what's the deal with the stadium series stuff, does every team have one during the season or is it random, looked really weird, can't imagine the views were very good but would have been good for the atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, RuMoore said:

I was dreading our game against you guys and granted it was a very close game but I was very surprised you didn't roll us over. 

Cracking result for Devils at the stadium series games, what's the deal with the stadium series stuff, does every team have one during the season or is it random, looked really weird, can't imagine the views were very good but would have been good for the atmosphere. 

Same thing happened in that Avalanche/Devils game that always happens - we do alright for most of it, then the arse falls out. We've been hopeless since the all-star game, something needs to change.

Outdoor games started in 2003 with the Heritage Class between Montreal in Edmonton. The Winter Classic, an annual game on New Year's Day, began in 2008. The Heritage Classic has happened occasionally with other teams since then, and the Stadium Series is effectively a way to share those out to more teams since they only ever seem to give the Winter Classic to Chicago or Boston or Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. 

By all accounts actually watching the games in the stadiums is a bit shit, but you do get nice images from it like this:

Maple Leafs 3-2 Red Wings (Jan 1, 2014) Game Recap - ESPN