The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Been reading about his Crawley exploits in one of their former player's autobiography recently.

Don Revie will be turning in his grave with this appointment. Just how low can things go at Leeds off the park and on it. Pains me to say it will get worse before it gets better.

Quote from Evans today on BBC.

Evans added: "I'm humbled and honoured to manage this giant of a club.

"Someone has got to get it right here. Why not me? I have won a lot of football matches.

"If I fail I become a statistic but I will put my life into the Leeds job. I will move into the city and the fans will see me."

Great stuff. Surely someone has to ask him to explain his 2013 rant about Leeds live on air in the next few days.

Nothing wrong with employing former lower league players. He still had a far more illustrious playing career than Mourinho, or Wilkinson while we're on the topic of DL.

Plenty wrong with employing such a vile criminal as Evans though but I'd expect nothing more from that club.

He's fat too.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

ok,read the entry.a bit dodgy but nothing there that explains the seething hatred people seem to have of him.ive only ever seen him regularly on tv since he joined crawley,never ever came across as particularly loveable but most managers don't tbh-they'll argue black is white,have subjective tunnel vision and massive egos.

fwiw,I see no reason he cant do a good job there-doesn't seem sort thatll put up with the players cruising along on autopilot and not giving a damn

Edited by highlandcowden

thatll need some explaining,mind. :lol:

hes got a point about their perceived notions of themselves,though(much like Newcastle).

its nowhere near cloughies "throw your medals away..."speech,though

ok,read the entry.a bit dodgy but nothing there that explains the seething hatred people seem to have of him.ive only ever seen him regularly on tv since he joined crawley,never ever came across as particularly loveable but most managers don't tbh-they'll argue black is white,have subjective tunnel vision and massive egos.

fwiw,I see no reason he cant do a good job there-doesn't seem sort thatll put up with the players cruising along on autopilot and not giving a damn

Part of it's just following the trend but the main reason he's hated in the game itself is because he's apparently completely underhand, trying every nasty little trick in the book to gain his team an advantage. Fans of his own clubs have said he's embarrassed them with his antics during games and media comments. He also loves dishing it out but can't take it back apparently and has a vastly inflated opinion of himself, which is understandable given his waist size!

His record doesn't justify any club with illusions of promotion to the EPL employing him. He's only just managed in the Championship for the first time in his career and after an understandably inconsistent first season was sacked when Rotherham had just moved off the bottom, the suggestion being the Championship is a level too high for him. He also signed and played Kirk Broadfoot which is a sacking offence itself.

thatll need some explaining,mind. :lol:

hes got a point about their perceived notions of themselves,though(much like Newcastle).

its nowhere near cloughies "throw your medals away..."speech,though

It'll be simple to explain, the quote is an internet myth propagated by some with an axe to grind and not an Evans quote.

Of course if Bully Wee Villa was correct he'd be able to post concrete evidence that Evans made the comments. The fact is he can't and won't be able to (just because the meme has been posted several times on facebook doesn't make it true Bully Wee VIlla).

Edited by repeat_offender