Hillwalking Thread

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Did the White Mounth Munros the other day. Weather was good and 5 Munro's ticked off. Just under 8 hours to complete at a leisurely pace.

IMG_1473875311.799663.jpg

My conclusion?  Scotland is bonnie as f**k but has hunners of stanes that get in the way ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Did a wee walk today up Bishop Hill from Kinnesswood in Fife.

Cracking view, quite steep from the start then gentle walk along to the summit. I think most people reckon that the Bishop is the one with the 'golf ball' weather station thing but it's a bit further away.

On 10/10/2016 at 22:25, invergowrie arab said:

PTTGOYN it's not a col it's a bealach!!

Apologies. I like the word for some reason. :lol:

On 11/10/2016 at 03:00, mjw said:

There was, and indeed almost certainly is still a used clunge sponge tucked into the summit cairn of Mullach Frach Coire in Kintail. It put me off me pieces. 

Anyway, back into the hills now, following a surreal chat with the guy who operated on my knee. Me and the other half had a fortnight in the NW, a week in Skye which was quite stormy, and a week of brilliant weather in Kinlochewe, Torridon. We did the waymarked Beinn Eighe Mountain Trail walk, with me and a pal breaking off at the Lunar Lochs to climb Meall a'Ghiuthais, an 887m Corbett with glorious views. 

The Torridon Mountains (1 of 1).jpg

This weekend's forecast is a bit "meh" so looks like either cycling or the gym. If the weather behaves heading up Broad Cairn and Cairn Bannoch from Bachnagairn for an interesting variation, then it's Kintail and Rannoch Moor the following two weekends. 

I'm off to do Ben Klibreck and Foniaven so the weather better be good. Its an awful long way to go for a blowout. That said plenty distilleries to visit.

Did we ever do a guess the hill competition on here?

Anyone say where I was last weekend?

20161008_132218.jpg

Edited by invergowrie arab

On 18/10/2016 at 22:08, invergowrie arab said:

I'm off to do Ben Klibreck and Foniaven so the weather better be good. Its an awful long way to go for a blowout. That said plenty distilleries to visit.

Did we ever do a guess the hill competition on here?

Anyone say where I was last weekend?

20161008_132218.jpg

I'm genuinely stumped, though at a guess somewhere in the rough bounds?

I've been a disgrace this year and haven't done any munros when I normally get four or five done. Took a couple of people from work to Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers today. Real easy walk but two more ticked off and I'm quite proud of myself for getting them both into it. Means I'll get more done next year as well as I hate going myself.

Would've thrown in An Stuc but one of them had to be home for a family dinner :(

I can say without doubt that the weather was almost as perfect as can be. Not hot, not cold and hardly any cloud.