Caledonian F.c. Thread

RayBees

Just got my first three replacement editions of LSM this morning, 4, 5, & 16 onwards with the search for the rest, it's amazing how it just seems like yesterday that i was buying them at the game's & leaving them in the pub three hours later!

Good luck with your search for the rest as they seem to be very rare these days unfortunately

I have all 17 now, but No's 1 & 14 are copies so i'm still looking out for the originals

Also have copies of both A.K.O.B's so still on the look out for originals of them too

The search continues :)

Saw Caleys youth team play against Hearts at Tynecastle in the late '80s. Bruce McCraw and his brother (goalie) were in the side as was Mad Dog, who scored a cracking OG. Game finished either 2-1 or 3-1 for Hearts. Speaking to Caley officials at the game, they mentioned they had a couple of players from the islands/Wester Ross, so maybe Daisy was one of them.

Bruce and Barry McCraw are still playing i think

They were both playing Ross-shire amateur for Avoch,Barry still does but Bruce is now with Inverness City i think

Shame on you PRS though for admitting to have engaged in a conversation with the Caley officials ;)

They were both playing Ross-shire amateur for Avoch,Barry still does but Bruce is now with Inverness City i think

Shame on you PRS though for admitting to have engaged in a conversation with the Caley officials ;)

A couple of them were OK, Jud & Ernie Gardener :)

I see its time for the rugby again.

I used to hate it when Caley played at home during the five nations tournament, it meant the crowd was invariably well down.

I could never figure out why so many preferred the egg chasers to regional league football.

2,500 for a Scottish Cup 5th round tie at home today? Must be that rugby factor you were mentioning Sophia.

Bruce McCraw does indeed still play for Inverness city but I think he is out for the rest of the season.

Honest 108, they spoke to me and as I sensed free alcohol, I was only too happy to engage in conversation. I was showing empathy ;) !!

Edited by PRS

Nice pic i just found their of the Caley team in 1953..

http://www.ambaile.org.uk/en/item/item_pho...sp?item_id=3474

imagedr1.th.jpg

The Inverness Caledonian football team at Dalcross before flying to Stornoway in 1953. From left to right are Willie Jack, Donald 'Ginger' MacKenzie, Ernie Fraser, David Forrest, Alasdair Chisholm, John McFadyen, Donald Morrison, Willie Jamieson, 'Stootie' Fraser, Willie Bruce, Bobby Bolt, Dan Lowry and Dave Birrell. The man on the extreme right has not yet been identified

B)

Nice pic i just found their of the Caley team in 1953..

http://www.ambaile.org.uk/en/item/item_pho...sp?item_id=3474

imagedr1.th.jpg

B)

Great picture and fantastic trenchcoats. It's says the guy on the extreme right has not been identified - he did actually turn up in a tv sketch show:

fastshow_396x222.jpg

Edited by RayBees

Oh, and Dewar took my school team in primary school, he was a huffy b*****d, thats why i was never a fan of him in a Caley shirt.. :lol:

looking back though, it could have had something to do with my terrible over the top tackling.

I did'nt think he was that bad when i was at Culloden academy,he did'nt seem to care too much about any other sports except for football, which suited me fine, although i was still shit, i had all the close ball skills of Johnstone Bellshaw. :P

I did'nt think he was that bad when i was at Culloden academy,he did'nt seem to care too much about any other sports except for football, which suited me fine, although i was still shit, i had all the close ball skills of Johnstone Bellshaw. :P

By fek its a small world, theres another of us 2 real Caley fans, making up another account.:-)

Good to have you on board...

Am looking forward to May & the relegation party on this thread..

Edited by Lets all laugh at thistle

By fek its a small world, theres another of us 2 real Caley fans, making up another account.:-)

Good to have you on board...

Am looking forward to May & the relegation party on this thread..

It's going to be a double party, they will be celebrating the new merger with their div1 colleagues the staggies ;)

Sorry that's a different thread.

Edited by northernscum

Oh, and Dewar took my school team in primary school, he was a huffy b*****d, thats why i was never a fan of him in a Caley shirt.. :lol:

looking back though, it could have had something to do with my terrible over the top tackling.

Are you guys talking about Derek Dewar?

He was my PE teacher at Culloden as well. Well, not a lot of the time. I did Standard Grade PE and was made to do basketball, swimming, gymnastics etc. and never football. The guys loved it when he took over our class if the normal teacher was off because he would just let us play football instead :lol:

I see SandyInsanity's Father Jack-esque comedy show has been further fuelled by 3 points at the dump yesterday whch moves them up the table to, erm, bottom. How predictable and how dull. What a fruit loop.

Wonder who his script writer is? Also have to wonder how someone, whom I assume is from the Black Isle, has come to support ICT. Perhaps Ross County were too sophisticated for him!

C'mon now guys, you know you love me really, look at all the extra posts you've had on me instead of bleating on about fan mags, ex players and all your usual boring shite, I have rejuvenated the six of you by adding to your hate of the Famous Caley with my own forum persona.

Why don't I see you on the caleythistleonline ICT forum?? are you six barred from there?

Nobody had heard of you six on the SPL forum until I entered your miserable little lives and now you have a starring role on there with the ICT going down thread (sorry btw that it looks like it isn't going to pan out for you), admittedly there is some bewilderment from central belt fans about your sanity but best ignore that as we don't need you further confused over your crusade, keep faith and maybe one day The Famous Caley will go bust and you will be able to have, 'See I telt ye' chiseled onto your headstones.

Cue another ten posts on the barstard Sandy Cromarty, doncha just love it?

C'mon now guys, you know you love me really, look at all the extra posts you've had on me instead of bleating on about fan mags, ex players and all your usual boring shite, I have rejuvenated the six of you by adding to your hate of the Famous Caley with my own forum persona.

Why don't I see you on the caleythistleonline ICT forum?? are you six barred from there?

Nobody had heard of you six on the SPL forum until I entered your miserable little lives and now you have a starring role on there with the ICT going down thread (sorry btw that it looks like it isn't going to pan out for you), admittedly there is some bewilderment from central belt fans about your sanity but best ignore that as we don't need you further confused over your crusade, keep faith and maybe one day The Famous Caley will go bust and you will be able to have, 'See I telt ye' chiseled onto your headstones.

Cue another ten posts on the barstard Sandy Cromarty, doncha just love it?

You're turning into Liza Minnelli.