The Getting Old Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually only feel old when I enter a club and see folk 5 years below me at school. Other than that, working in an environment whereby I'm the youngest certainly helps keep me sane!

My sister had her 18th in May and went out to the dancing, me and my mate were heading over anyway so met her in there. It was strange seeing her friends I remembered being in 1st year whilst I was a 6th year walking into the dancing.

Since that night I've been careful who I'm chatting up incase Yewtree start investigating

My sister had her 18th in May and went out to the dancing, me and my mate were heading over anyway so met her in there. It was strange seeing her friends I remembered being in 1st year whilst I was a 6th year walking into the dancing.

Since that night I've been careful who I'm chatting up incase Yewtree start investigating

Are are you a character in the broons?

Ohh that's not good. Luckily being an only sibling I'm ok. That said I was being chatted up by a girl, who was the sister of a guy I played football with. I think the whole 4.5 years younger put me off. :lol:

It's just bizarre seeing these kids who were 13 when I left school out drinking. That said if they're old enough to be out in a club, then they're old enough to have fun with!!

Iffy that sounds wrong. :lol:

I remember when you used to tie an onion to your belt, which was the style at the time.

I remember when the Kaiser stole our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles

Age genuinly is a state of mind. I still feel younger now than I did when I was "stuck" in an unhappy relationship (living together) at 27.

I'd say enjoy life but look after yourself by means of regular exercise & healthy eating.

Agree with this completely. I'm coming up for 33 and I've never felt better, for the most part. Only thing that I really notice is that my diet and exercise regime need to be a little stricter or I can put weight on quite easily. The only positive is that when I do put in extra mileage on the cardio it drops off just as quickly, when it used to be the case that I didn't have to bother about either.

Turned 30 last week. Got a few grey hairs, a few aches and creaking joints, but don't feel "old" as such. People have been telling me for years that I look several years older than I am anyway. I absolutely refute Ric's statement earlier in the thread about staying young by not having kids, though. If anything I feel younger since I became a parent. But that kind of ridiculous statement is par for the course where Ric is concerned, he's aye had a tendency to talk complete shite.

Turned 30 last week. Got a few grey hairs, a few aches and creaking joints, but don't feel "old" as such. People have been telling me for years that I look several years older than I am anyway. I absolutely refute Ric's statement earlier in the thread about staying young by not having kids, though. If anything I feel younger since I became a parent. But that kind of ridiculous statement is par for the course where Ric is concerned, he's aye had a tendency to talk complete shite.

He'll be back on to back up his statement by resigning.

i would have been 13 when this thread was made cutting about in my finest k swiss tongue twisters , fred perry striped shirt, listening to my clubland megamix or razorlight/thekooks/the view on my mp3 player with not a care in the world. :(

And masturbating furiously

Archived