P&b Running Club

My first 10k on Sunday with the baxters 10k in Inverness. I'm hoping to do it in sub-55 mins. The course looks pretty easy going by the route and it's profile.

The forecast is sunny and no wind. Wind is a fucking killer when running.

I'm doing that too, Scarf. I think it could be quite crowded to start with, which will make getting a quick time fairly difficult. I'm hoping for sub-55 mins, too, but wont be too disappointed if I don't get it due to the numbers taking part. I hope it's not too hot on Sunday!

My first 10k on Sunday with the baxters 10k in Inverness. I'm hoping to do it in sub-55 mins. The course looks pretty easy going by the route and it's profile.

The forecast is sunny and no wind. Wind is a fucking killer when running.

I hate it with a passion. I'd rather run in a fucking downpour.

Good Luck to all those running at Loch Ness this weekend. Remember to pace it from the start and not get carried away with the occasion, or the field.

As for the World Records I agree with the case that a World Record is a World Record regardless of who you are running with or against. The athlete will still have to run that time.

Done 2 hills sessions this week. First one was a basic up and down as quick as possible. Second one was a run, then up the hill hard, round a marker, back down the hill hard and then easy back to the start. 25 mins continous.

What do you all think of this?

To me that's no different to any athlete that sets a record using a pacemaker or pacemakers.

Indeed Radcliffe's record is more honestly achieved, the men in the race weren't only in the race to get her along at WR pace, unlike the way a lot of track WR's are set.

Now, I must go and knock back Usain's texts again, I keep telling him I'm not gonna pull him along to my sprinting pace....

Just did about 8k in the rain there.

Fantastic! Soaked right through, passing steamers on their way to getting drunk probably thinking I'm insane running in the bucket rain but god I love running in the rain!

The sereotonin must be released right now! Woooo..