P&b Running Club

I was a marshal on saturday at strathclyde parkrun cos i done the strathcarron 10k sunday. that was pretty tough compared to the Cumbernauld one i done a month or so ago. first 3k a bit of a nightmare.

That's my plan for this weekend only at Pollok. I'm volunteering there because I have a 10k on the Sunday.

After that I'm taking a bit of a break. I've been running quite a bit recently and I'm starting to get a few aches and pains.

Thinking about signing up for this

http://uk.competitor.com/edinburgh

anyone do it this year?

I had a couple from the running club do this and thought it was a good event. The music every mile kept them going.

I've taken a good look at this but I'm running the Berlin half marathon the week before. The course is much better than the EMF one in May.

Just completed 9.5 extremely hilly kilometers(240m elevation gain according to the GPS) in a wee bit over 57 minutes. Need to find an extra corner to add in and take it up to 10k. Think I'll start working on speed now and see if I can bring it down closer to the 50 minute mark.

I had a couple from the running club do this and thought it was a good event. The music every mile kept them going.

One of my mates from work done it this year as well and really enjoyed it. The thing that is putting me off is that you have to pick up your racing pack in person on the Sat. It's a bit if a pain in the arse if you don't live in Edinburgh.

One of my mates from work done it this year as well and really enjoyed it. The thing that is putting me off is that you have to pick up your racing pack in person on the Sat. It's a bit if a pain in the arse if you don't live in Edinburgh.

I think that's what put me off doing it last year. That and the ridiculous cost for entry, it's around 50 quid isn't it?

Edit: Just seen the prices, I think that's a fair whack cheaper than it was last year.unsure.gif

Edited by FernandosMonobrow

Not posted in here for a while. Didn't get a London place. No races planned over the winter. Need to get that sorted.

I looked at the rock and roll half but it was an expensive late entry price and the fact you have to pick the race pack up the day before meant it was a no go for me.

Pretty rubbish time at Strathclyde parkrun this morning was around 30.40. Couldn't get going at all and had no energy skipping dinner to watch the Scotland game was a mistake.

Cheers to GC for the shout out, think I was just about ready to throw the towel in at that point. My real name is Scott by the way my username is a character from a film. :P

Think I'll sign up for the Mo run next month as well.

Edited by Jack Burton

Cheers to GC for the shout out, think I was just about ready to throw the towel in at that point. My real name is Scott by the way my username is a character from a film. :P

No probs Scott. Your head did look down a bit. I didn't think you heard me!.

I had a really good run today. Big big improvement after a few weeks of stagnation.

Think I'll sign up for the Mo run next month as well.

Guid lad. That course has personal best written all over it.

I've just done the BHF 10k in Pollok Park in about 41min.

I'm delighted as my last aim for this year was a sub 45 10k.

My aims at the start of this year were -

Sub 4hr marathon - Done Edinburgh in 3hr 59'

Sub 1'45 Half. - Done Glasgow in 1hr 39'

Sub 45 10k. - Done

Sub 20 5k. - Done Strathclyde Parkrun in 19min 33''

I'm going to take it easy for a few weeks but my main aim for next year is sub 3hr 15min at London. Which sounds way too quick just now.

I've just done the BHF 10k in Pollok Park in about 41min.

I'm delighted as my last aim for this year was a sub 45 10k.

Well done Ziggy.

I've just about completed all of my running aims from the Nifty Fifty from the start of the year.

Run 5k in under 30 mins - pb at the start of the year was 32.10 and is now 29.30 although I've yet to run under 30 at one of the parkruns.

Run 5k in under 28 mins - not going to happen this year.

Run a 10k - completed the Stirling 10k and Great Edinburgh Run.

Run 20 parkruns - Saturday was my 20th of the year 18 at Strathclyde and 2 at Edinburgh.

Volunteer 3 times at the parkrun - Volunteered in March, May and August.

Well done Ziggy.

I've just about completed all of my running aims from the Nifty Fifty from the start of the year.

Run 5k in under 30 mins - pb at the start of the year was 32.10 and is now 29.30 although I've yet to run under 30 at one of the parkruns.

Run 5k in under 28 mins - not going to happen this year.

Run a 10k - completed the Stirling 10k and Great Edinburgh Run.

Run 20 parkruns - Saturday was my 20th of the year 18 at Strathclyde and 2 at Edinburgh.

Volunteer 3 times at the parkrun - Volunteered in March, May and August.

Thanks and well done yourself.

I volunteered* at Pollok Parkrun for the 1st time yesterday and I quite enjoyed it.

*I didn't really do anything and was just a marshall at a straight bit of road where it was impossible to go anywhere but the right way.