P&b Running Club

So what's everyone's next aim? Race? Run?

Apart from Parkruns (hoping to add Manchester one to list as am down there in a few weeks) the next and probably last big race of the season for me in the JI Bella 10k. Was thinking about boycotting it due to refusal to transfer my Bella 10 entry that I missed through illness, but can't resist that super quick course and one last shot at a pb for the year.

After that will probably take some time off and just do the occasional parkrun and stuff in gym to keep me ticking over until January.

Main goals for 2014 is are sub 18 mins 30 secs 5k, sub 38 mins 10k and sub 1hr 30 min half.

Apart from Parkruns (hoping to add Manchester one to list as am down there in a few weeks) the next and probably last big race of the season for me in the JI Bella 10k. Was thinking about boycotting it due to refusal to transfer my Bella 10 entry that I missed through illness, but can't resist that super quick course and one last shot at a pb for the year.

After that will probably take some time off and just do the occasional parkrun and stuff in gym to keep me ticking over until January.

Main goals for 2014 is are sub 18 mins 30 secs 5k, sub 38 mins 10k and sub 1hr 30 min half.

Do you follow any sort of training plan? Or do you have a tried tested method/listen to your body??

There's the Jedburgh half and 10k on 27th of October a few tollcrossers are going down to.

I've entered the Lochaber Half Marathon which is three weeks on Sunday.

Then I'm going to spend the rest of this trying to get my parkrun PB to sub 19min.

Then marathon training starts in January.

There's the Jedburgh half and 10k on 27th of October a few tollcrossers are going down to.

Yip doing the Jedburgh half that day hoping for under 1hour 35. Did Dunbar last saturday 10 mile in 1hour 11. Probably going to take it easy after Jedburgh and concentrate on training for Edinburgh Marathon in May. Fancy doing Parkrun in Edinburgh on Saturday mornings - any good?

Out last night for another wee jaunt in preperation for my half marathon in a fortnight. My left calve was killing me from almost the start, and had to give up around the 5 mile mark as I started to lose the feeling in my left foot. I'm hoping it's just an issue with not stretching enough, as this used to happen regularly when I first started running, but given it hasn't happened for quite some time I'm not certain. Due to go out again on Saturday so I'll see how it feels then.

I probably entered too many races this year, so I will just be concentrating on completing my 50th Parkrun by the end of the year. I have been stuck on 46 for a couple of months now. Will hopefully be able to use all the half marathon training etc. to record a new PB at 5k distance.

Yip doing the Jedburgh half that day hoping for under 1hour 35. Did Dunbar last saturday 10 mile in 1hour 11. Probably going to take it easy after Jedburgh and concentrate on training for Edinburgh Marathon in May. Fancy doing Parkrun in Edinburgh on Saturday mornings - any good?

Edinburgh Parkrun is ok, flat course but it is always very busy which can cause problems at the start.

I've entered the Lochaber Half Marathon which is three weeks on Sunday.

I've entered this as well. Never done a 10k before never mind a half marathon but looking forward to it. Looking to beat 1:45 with a cheeky eye on 1:40 and it's supposed to be a flat route so should be achievable.

I've entered this as well. Never done a 10k before never mind a half marathon but looking forward to it. Looking to beat 1:45 with a cheeky eye on 1:40 and it's supposed to be a flat route so should be achievable.

Nice one! How much training do you do mileage wise??