P&b Running Club

Dogs an 11 month old golden retriever, not sure how he'd take to the running so young but I suppose there's no harm in trying... maybe (he's pretty big and despite my size could probably easily pull me over if I was off-balance in any way).

I think 11 months is maybe still a bit young. Running on concrete isn't the best for a pups devloping bones. It might be best to check with a vet first.

Sub 20 was my target for the year but I wasn't expecting to beat it as quickly and by as far as I did.

I'm heading down again this week - taking the bus down this time so I can have another go at a PB.

This gives me hope. I'd thought similar but with a decent day hopefully Saturday'll see me crack it. Based on that form your 1:35 for the half next weekend sounds achievable; my PB's just under that.

Am Muilleach - that's brilliant. I've done a couple of runs abroad before...I'll be honest, I'm tempted. What made you go for it?

Some effort from BishyTON too. I'm tired thinking about that pace.

Am Muilleach - that's brilliant. I've done a couple of runs abroad before...I'll be honest, I'm tempted. What made you go for it?

To be honest I watched the London marathon on TV and tried to get in - didn't. So tried Paris - didn't. Now, always up for a challenge I looked around and Rome just sort of happened! I needed something to freshen my running; I'd started doing the same races each year. I'd hoped to beat 40m for 10k and 1.30 for a half marathon his year so we'll see how that all fits in with my longer training. Can't wait for Rome though - accommodation already booked!

Did another 2k last night in about 16mins (upped the speed a little)

What would you say is a reasonable time to be hitting for that kinda distance?

Just running is an achievement. Your doing more than anyone sitting on the couch.

I briefly popped in here last year having signed up for my first ever 10k.

I am not particularly fit, and I'm quite a big fellow - 6ft 2 and at the time I was 16 stone. For various reasons, I failed to train very well, and my only non-treadmill prep was 2 x 5k runs. And there wasn't a lot of treadmill training either to be honest so I didn't lose any weight during the whole thing. But, I ran the 10k with one of my best mates in just under the hour mark. We were both pretty chuffed considering our fitness levels.

Now fast forward to this year, and some sensible eating has me down at 14 and a half stone, and my mate and I have decided to sign up for the 10k again, with another mate signing up to join us. I intend to train a lot harder this time, get below the 14st mark and hopefully run under 55 minutes.

Is 5 minutes an achievable target to shave off?

5 mins is very achievable. I was 17.5 stone when I started (6ft 4), now I am 13 stone (Still 6ft4) I shaved off 5mins in my first year.

5 mins is very achievable. I was 17.5 stone when I started (6ft 4), now I am 13 stone (Still 6ft4) I shaved off 5mins in my first year.

That's a fair effort. How many years you been at it?

My mate is back on-shore for a couple of weeks, so might talk him into making a start on this training.

This gives me hope. I'd thought similar but with a decent day hopefully Saturday'll see me crack it. Based on that form your 1:35 for the half next weekend sounds achievable; my PB's just under that.

Some effort from BishyTON too. I'm tired thinking about that pace.

19:19 for me today, just sneaking a PB. Real struggle on the way back from going out a little too quickly (was sub 19 pace for first 2.5km).

Did you get your sub 20?

6.5 miles today. Undulating course through the woods followed by a coastal road with magnificent views out to sea. Perfect running conditions. Took it slowly as still coming back from injury.

19:19 for me today, just sneaking a PB. Real struggle on the way back from going out a little too quickly (was sub 19 pace for first 2.5km).

Did you get your sub 20?

Brilliant effort, well done. I did indeed; clocked 19:36 so I'm fair chuffed.

Ran the parkrun yesterday. 20:03 and 14th. It was a sweltering and lots of flies on the coastal footpath. I was flying for the 1st mile but died!

That's a fair effort. How many years you been at it?

My mate is back on-shore for a couple of weeks, so might talk him into making a start on this training.

It took about 6 months to see a noticable difference, but then it got easier. Spent pretty much 6 days out of 7 with sore legs.

5km in just under 24 minutes on Saturday morning. Done the first half far too fast(Just under 11 minutes) and was blowing out my arse towards the end.

Depending on how I feel I might go out tonight, or leave it until tomorrow. 2nd day of a b*****d of a hangover and not sure I'll manage much without dying, but I also know I'll feel much better afterwards should I decide to go out for a run.

weekend was a bit of a write off for running tho football tonight, badminton tomorrow so maybe get some running done on Wednesday

Some great parkrun times there...well done. Still coming back from injury so I marshalled at Greenock Parkrun then headed up to the track after and did 8 x 400m efforts going every 2 and a half mins. Will up to 10 efforts next week. 8.5 mile trundle yesterday.