P&b Running Club

I was out for a run tonight, just a short one, and just wondered if anyone can shed some light on something for me.

When I run, after about 20-odd minutes, I find I feel a sort of 'strain' feeling at the meeting of my inner thigh and groin. It's not sore per se, but it is uncomfortable.

Anyone have any idea what it could be or has anyone experienced anything similar?

Not much activity on this thread recently, guessing not many folk out running in this heat?

I started a 12 week training plan for the Glasgow half and have pretty much followed it for the last two weeks.

Completed the Edinburgh bupa 10k last week which was a struggle as the course is bugger at the best of times never mind in this heat. Was at Strathclyde parkrun this morning only 4 runs away from 50 now!

Anyone any idea how much pace/time you lose in this heat? Was well over a minute slower this morning compared to recent parkruns.

I completed the Musselburgh 10k today. A lot of people were struggling in the heat, but they did supply ice cream at the end - as well as many many nice cakes.

Is it only 20 weeks until Glasgow? Oh dear, better get on it properly myself then...

Not much activity on this thread recently, guessing not many folk out running in this heat?

I started a 12 week training plan for the Glasgow half and have pretty much followed it for the last two weeks.

Completed the Edinburgh bupa 10k last week which was a struggle as the course is bugger at the best of times never mind in this heat. Was at Strathclyde parkrun this morning only 4 runs away from 50 now!

Anyone any idea how much pace/time you lose in this heat? Was well over a minute slower this morning compared to recent parkruns.

Aye the heat is a killer and a lot of folk are off on hols. I was out thursday night and could barely get over 3k before I had to stop for a walk. Had to stop 3 times all in all. 28 degrees when I started and 27 by the time I eventually heaved my fat arse round the run.

Even at Parkrun we have numbers down a bit. Only in the 30s at Tollcross this week and last week.

I got my St. Andrews Hospice 18km pack through today with my number.

I'm number 2! Not a great number, hopefully there's more than a handfull of us doing it!

I was out doing a 10k this morning. My first one in a month as I took a few weeks off for a sore knee. Done it in a 51min. A bit slower than I usually do the route (try to get a 49min). Though Even at 7.30, you could feel the heat building.

Aye the heat is a killer and a lot of folk are off on hols. I was out thursday night and could barely get over 3k before I had to stop for a walk. Had to stop 3 times all in all. 28 degrees when I started and 27 by the time I eventually heaved my fat arse round the run.

Even at Parkrun we have numbers down a bit. Only in the 30s at Tollcross this week and last week.

Statements like that make me feel a bit better.

I was out for just over an hour on Thursday night - managed to run for just under 20 mins, the rest of my 'run' turned into some sort of mad '10 mins run, 1 min walk' crappy interval training. At one point I was running with what breeze there was at my back for about 5 mins, so wasn't feeling any cooling benefit. My face felt like it was cooked and was going to burst.

Heat's a killer.

Started the BUPA Half Marathon training programme last week, after a couple of months of fairly erratic runs of varying distances (ranging from about 3 - 6 miles at a time). Skipped a long run tonight after a particularly heavy night out but not too worried, feel the stamina is at a fairly good level so I'll be interested to see what benefits using the more gradual training programme might bring. Been on that 5:2 diet for a couple of weeks now too and can really see a difference from that side, energy levels are about the same but it feels as though I don't have quite as much flab sloshing about.

Never really been much of a runner, did the Glasgow 10k in 52 mins a couple of years back which was my first proper running event since some cross country effort whilst at school. Going to do the Around Cumbrae 10 Mile Road Race in September as a prep event for the half marathon...never really tried anything over 10k in the past so will be interested to see how it pans out.

What'll be harder than anything else will be my crippling lack of motivation generally, however. <_<

Going to do the Around Cumbrae 10 Mile Road Race in September as a prep event for the half marathon...never really tried anything over 10k in the past so will be interested to see how it pans out.

Aye, I'm planning on doing that as well - got quite a programme planned before the october half marathons. Wouldnt dream of doing a longer distance before september due to the heat mentalness potential. In as much as I love warm sunny weather I just cant run in it and find running in the freezing cold quite easy.

I was out drinking last night after a 5 mile slog in yesterday afternoon's heat. Not feeling so great today.

I think that after my weeks holiday next week I'll kick the beer into touch until Oct 6th. Anyone else gone tee-total while training?

I was out drinking last night after a 5 mile slog in yesterday afternoon's heat. Not feeling so great today.

I think that after my weeks holiday next week I'll kick the beer into touch until Oct 6th. Anyone else gone tee-total while training?

Alcohol and running has never been a good combination in my experience,especially in this heat.

Finally managed a proper run after 6 weeks out with hamstring strife,did 4 miles and didn't feel to bad,just hope i've not aggravated the injury but it feels ok just now.Looking to be fully fit for the Forfar 10k in a month

So I completed couch to 5k last week and ran my first 5k in well over a year in 29:05. Considering I have a 4.5 month old baby, I think that's not too bad at all :) Going to start concentrating on building up longer runs at weekends, mixing road running with trails, and doing hills, tempo, intervals etc. through the week.

Just back from an 8K. Broke 25 mins for 5K for the first time since the wee yin was born. Maybe those sub-45 10Ks aren't out of the question after all...

I was out drinking last night after a 5 mile slog in yesterday afternoon's heat.  Not feeling so great today.

I think that after my weeks holiday next week I'll kick the beer into touch until Oct 6th.  Anyone else gone tee-total while training?

Alcohol and running has never been a good combination in my experience,especially in this heat.

Finally managed a proper run after 6 weeks out with hamstring strife,did 4 miles and didn't feel to bad,just hope i've not aggravated the injury but it feels ok just now.Looking to be fully fit for the Forfar 10k in a month

My mate ran a 10k a couple of Saturdays back. Had a night out, and spewed his guts out in my car on the way home.

I wasn't amused!

Considering it. At the very least it'll be scaled back to previously unheard of lows, but it's probably more sensible to kick it altogether.

I am horrendous with drink after any exercise. I couldn't imagine going for a run or playing 5s and going out afterwards. I'd probably be seek after a pint...

mile intervals this morning - was dreading as I thought my speed over that kind of distance would be awful. Managed a 6.10, 6.20 and 6.30 (last one) and I probably could have pushed a bit harder on the last one. Not as fast as I was but a hell of a lot closer than I thought I was.

I got my St. Andrews Hospice 18km pack through today with my number.

I'm number 2! Not a great number, hopefully there's more than a handfull of us doing it!

I was out doing a 10k this morning. My first one in a month as I took a few weeks off for a sore knee. Done it in a 51min. A bit slower than I usually do the route (try to get a 49min). Though Even at 7.30, you could feel the heat building.

Signed up for the St Andrews road race 18km. So we are up to 3 at least! Hope they get a good turnout posted earlier that my mum works there so well aware of the good work they do. It will be the furthest distance I have run and good prep for the Glasgow half.

Went out with the Clyde runners last night, they are a social running club based in Carluke and quite happy for slower runners to join them. Two mile run at either end of 4 x 4 mins intervals at 5k pace. Was tough going in the heat but enjoyed it will be back out with them on Friday night.