P&b Running Club

Don't get me wrong, I love my Garmin and I'd never have managed without it when I was fitter a few years ago, but after pregnancy, c-section etc, I think time on feet more important than pace at the mo. once I'm back to a reasonable level of fitness, I'll get back to g

Garmin-watch and working on pace.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Garmin and I'd never have managed without it when I was fitter a few years ago, but after pregnancy, c-section etc, I think time on feet more important than pace at the mo. once I'm back to a reasonable level of fitness, I'll get back to g

Garmin-watch and working on pace.

Try this for a good exercise - 20mins out and try and get back quicker. You can increase the time out by 5 mins.

Doing the Glasgow half marathon in October. Not run that distance before but can do 8 miles in an hour just now, so should be able to manage a sub 1.45 by the time it comes round. Anything below 1.40 and I'll be happy

Entered the ballot for the London marathon as well, so hopefully get a place in that

Gonna enter the Bangor 10k run just to see what kind of time I can get and to try and raise a bit of money for Autism NI. It's in September .

running well recently just going out often for 5-6 miles usually about the 55 minute mark , been told to start having a couple of hard runs then a couple of slow ones per week, and not to go out every day,not sure how true that is really,

been asked about doiing the relay for the marathon next May but to be honest kind of want to do it myself,suppose I could do the first leg then just keep going.

Gonna enter the Bangor 10k run just to see what kind of time I can get and to try and raise a bit of money for Autism NI. It's in September .

running well recently just going out often for 5-6 miles usually about the 55 minute mark , been told to start having a couple of hard runs then a couple of slow ones per week, and not to go out every day,not sure how true that is really,

been asked about doiing the relay for the marathon next May but to be honest kind of want to do it myself,suppose I could do the first leg then just keep going.

I'm no expert but it sounds like good advice. If I was you I'd do a couple of runs slower than your 10k pace where you gradually increase the distance that you cover. They will really help increase your stamina. You can run everyday if you want but as you increase the distance you will probably end up wanting to take a few rest days.

Good run tonight.....Fountainbridge to Wester Hailes via the canal. Definitely a lot easier than last week!

Anyone got an idea of how far that is? Am thinking 5-6miles.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Good run tonight.....Fountainbridge to Wester Hailes via the canal. Definitely a lot easier than last week!

You could do with a Garmin sjc

Been looking at some Garmins,christ they aren't cheap are they,have to do a bit of saving to get one,but they look like they would add a bit more interest and fun to my runs.Any recommendations as there's a lot of them out there,preferably with a heart monitor and one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :)

Been looking at some Garmins,christ they aren't cheap are they,have to do a bit of saving to get one,but they look like they would add a bit more interest and fun to my runs.Any recommendations as there's a lot of them out there,preferably with a heart monitor and one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg :)

Yeh....have looked at them before....am I right in saying £120+?

I only run to keep the weight off & a relative level of fitness which is enough for someone my age!

I started doing some outdoor running (as opposed to pounding the treadmill for 20 minutes) last year, but only really managed to get to 5km mark. But this year, I've been running a lot, up to running a distance of 12.5km in one go, and running up to 40km a week now. Hitting a 10k mark in about 48 to 50mins.

I've got my first ever race, the Men's Health 10k on Sunday. I've signed up for the Great Scottish Run 10k, but thinking about upping it and entering the Half Marathon.

Really enjoying it. I never thought I would. I feel like Forrest Gump, at times! Always feels like I'm running!!

Edited by lau03143

I started doing some outdoor running (as opposed to pounding the treadmill for 20 minutes) last year, but only really managed to get to 5km mark. But this year, I've been running a lot, up to running a distance of 12.5km in one go, and running up to 40km a week now. Hitting a 10k mark in about 48 to 50mins.I've got my first ever race, the Men's Health 10k on Sunday. I've signed up for the Great Scottish Run 10k, but thinking about upping it and entering the Half Marathon.Really enjoying it. I never thought I would. I feel like Forrest Gump, at times! Always feels like I'm running!!

Addictive isn't it?! :-)

Gotta love those happy hormones that exercise produces :-)

If you sign up to mapmyrun.com (it's free), you can map it using google maps and check the distance - I've used it for the canal and it will follow the route of the cycle path.

If you sign up to mapmyrun.com (it's free), you can map it using google maps and check the distance - I've used it for the canal and it will follow the route of the cycle path.

Cheers :)

I bought the Forerunner 410 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunner-Sportswatch-Heart-Monitor/dp/B0046BTK14/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1371312283&sr=1-3&keywords=garmin+forerunner+405

Shame I tore my ankle ligaments the day it arrived!

Used to do a lot of running in my younger days but gave up due to playing football and breaking my foot 3 times.

Now I've retired from footie I tried to go for a road run last weekend but could only manage 5 mins before having to stop with seriously severe lower back pains. Honestly was fecking agony, almost unbearable so I had to walk home! Pain cleared when walking.

I then tried again yesterday and the exact same happened, basically after same distance. Seriously pissed me off!!!

Anyone got any clue what to night be causing this??