P&b Running Club

Just had a look to see what the Marcothon is,run 3 miles every day of December,that's a tough ask, good luck with that though folks

I turned my ankle at around 2.5k but it felt ok so finished my intended 5 yesterday am.

By lunchtime I was hobbling. Sore today.

Ankle ligaments can take a good while to heal,sore one.

Just a quick note about a new endeavour that I am helping out in. Hopefully some of you may be interested.

Are you looking to get a bit fitter? Do you want to get into running? Are you intimidated by big races/Parkrun? Are you looking to go for a social run were all are supported and encouraged regardless of pace?

If the answer to any/all of the above is yes then you should consider Great Run Locals Glasgow event. The timed run starts at 10am every Sunday morning at the Squiggly Bridge (Tradeston Bridge) and it is a two mile (3.2km) there and back course. There is also a bag drop at Run4It on Bothwell Street from 9.30am (just knock the door as the shop itself doesn't open until 12 noon).

It is not a race and it is designed for people looking to get into running.

The volunteer team includes several members who were very unfit and overweight at one point (including myself) and therefore we can relate to people who are in this situation and want to turn it around.

I hope to see you at the start line next, or any other, Sunday morning.

Btw - no way am I doing the Marcothon - December is a month of rest lol!

My 2 biggest challenges are going to be

1 - Christmas day. I have 3 kids, oldest is 8, and we're having the dinner at our house so we have to entertain/cook for 12. Mrs Ranter's already glowering at me about it. I may have to leave my run until very late in the day, which means no bevvy over Xmas lunch.

2 - Sunday the 7th - my works Xmas do is a pub crawl and the ghost walk in Edinburgh on the 6th, starting at 4pm. Again, I may well have to leave it until very late in the day to complete my 3 miles/25 minutes.

I suppose if I fail on the 7th, I'll not have to worry about Xmas day. :lol:

I turned my ankle at around 2.5k but it felt ok so finished my intended 5 yesterday am.

By lunchtime I was hobbling. Sore today.

Ankle ligaments can take a good while to heal,sore one.

I went over my ankle about 6 weeks ago playing football, stupidly I've not rested it properly (match fees on a Saturday are too much of a draw) so I'm still struggling with it. I've now got 3 weeks until my next game, so I'll be doing no training until then, I really hope it clears up. Edited by die hard doonhamer

Only run when playing football, and since I've gone from 7 days a week of it to 1 I've decided to start a run (well a jog haha) after work on my way home Monday-Friday. Already did Thursday and Friday the week past. Did 15 times round a football pitch which is roughly about 4.5k then 4 quick runs the length of the park, so about 5k. Away to try keep it up for aslong as I can until I find it getting easier then try up the distance, away to try take this seriously so excited to see what I can do. I am not a fan of running long distance a to b my mental toughness packs in find it much easier to do laps so I know more accurately how much I've got left to do.

Went out on Saturday morning for the first time in 3 weeks. Been getting a bit of hip pain and had a stag do a few weeks back so gave it a rest to see if it helped any. Was a struggle doing the hills, was absolutely baltic and very foggy which made breathing a b*****d. Managed the usual 5km in about 29 minutes again which was better than expected. Hip feels OK today which is a massive positive.

I got an email last week bout the Scottish Half back in September - it turns out that the course was long, by a mere 293 metres! That takes my 'real' time that day down from 1:31:35 to about 1:30:20, which gives me a lot more confidence that I can beat the 90 minute mark next year some time.

I'm maybe a bit strange, but I really enjoy running on cold days in winter. The windy days aren't much fun, but I love being out on cool, clear days like yesterday and I'm looking forward to the ones to come that are like that but with the temperature down at freezing rather than 5C. I also love running through snow, even though we don't get very much where I stay by the coast.

I've entered the Inverness half in March and also the Edinburgh marathon, which will be my first attempt at full marathon distance. I'm enjoying running lot just now, and looking forward to both.

I've just entered the Edinburgh half marathon for next year, I've set up a just giving page for the Samaritans that I'll soon get to annoy everyone on Facebook and Twitter with.

Training plan

1 - Stop smoking (occasionally)

2 - Stop eating complete shite all the time

3 - Run lots

4 - Do the run

I've just entered the Edinburgh half marathon for next year, I've set up a just giving page for the Samaritans that I'll soon get to annoy everyone on Facebook and Twitter with.

Training plan

1 - Stop smoking (occasionally)

2 - Stop eating complete shite all the time

3 - Run lots

4 - Do the run

Well done, I'll sponsor you at some point. Samaritans are an important life line. I'm hoping do Edin half too.

5km on the treadmill again tonight. 22 mins 20 secs

Felt even grimmer this time

I find that the treadmill only gets grimmer as you get faster on it lol. Hate the thing and only really use it for speed work these days, with the longest distance being 2 miles (3.2km).

I've got a forerunner 10, with no heart rate monitor. It's the most basic one available (I think), but it does everything I need it to do. Would recommend it.

Wanting the HRM for doing interval training, getting my HR over 90% in the intervals. Just run to the point of breathlessness just now.