P&b Running Club

Really fancied entering the 10k at the GSR tomorrow but struggled big time during my test runs this week,.feeling like my left hamstring was going to peel off my leg. Was right up for this one so I'll just need to find something else to aim for

This is my fifth GSR. Training has been going really well over the last few weeks. Ran under 1.45 for the first time last week. Had the cold this week though, haven't been out and still feeling a bit rotten. So I have no idea how I'll react to the distance. 

Good luck to everyone running, especially to those likewise affected various bugs! 

10k done in a shade under 50 minutes but absolutely fucked with illness.

Still loved it though, great atmosphere and will treat myself to a couple of beers this afternoon. Well done to everyone else running.

Got round in 49.59 which im chuffed with.  Found getting into training very easy to fit around work and stuff.  Training was essentially one long run, 2 short hard interval sessions and a game of 7's each week.

a good day all in

One hour, 48.5 minutes for me. I was really hoping for a time under 1:45, but considering I've subsisted on a diet of beer and cooked breakfasts for the last week, I can't complain. Also had a really sore groin / thigh that made me think I was going to have to pull up lame at Bellahouston. 

Worst part was my phone leaping out my pocket around Festival Park. Had to run back and couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually, found it in front of the drinks station with a few footprints on it, although miraculously it still works. 

Guest bernardblack
Good luck to those running today.

My brother is running the half, he's only ever ran 3 10ks in training, the last which he got injured on, but thinks he'll run comfortably under 2.30.

I'm quite looking forward to the 'I told you do' when he gets nowhere near that.

How did he get on?

Just off my PB today. Really struggled with the heat (sounds daft on Scotland) but all my training had been at night.

An excellent day out though and well done to everyone who got out there!

Made it round in 1 hour 53 and fairly delighted with that for my first half marathon. Enjoyed most of it with decent crowds turning out in the sunshine made for a good atmosphere.

bloody freezing waiting at the start though if you weren't in the sunshine. We hid in tinderbox for a while just to try and warm up.

Finished in 2:20, which I'm pleased with given my pish prep. It's a couple of minutes slower than my usual.

Really enjoyed it, a great course and good support.

Half marathon in 1:57:30 for me, 17:15 better than my previous best!

Well done mate that's a brilliant time and improvement.

What did you do differently to get that improvement? My PB is 2:15 and while I'm not huge on chasing times I'd like to beat it.