P&b Running Club

Aye I had the surgery in September, fully ruptured Acl and tore every other ligament in the knee bar one, fucked it good and proper.

I'm trying to get back into running just now but I reckon my stance is wrong, my left calf is the first thing to tighten up.

Edited to add:- Was my right knee.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye I had the surgery in September, fully ruptured Acl and tore every other ligament in the knee bar one, fucked it good and proper.

I'm trying to get back into running just now but I reckon my stance is wrong, my left calf is the first thing to tighten up.

I've basically done the whole rehab (just not the surgery) and I get same sort of thing, tore my left knee but it's my right that I have any hip problems with etc. Not sure about calf, are you still in touch with a physio?

I have all sorts of respect you marcathoners on here - I attempted something of a reverse one this month and made it to Day 22 before a much-needed day off on Monday.

Still, that does mean I'm 10k away from my highest 'mileage' month to date, which will be comprehensively smashed over the coming weekend!

I've put my name down for the XC Nationals next month, quite looking forward to it. Also signed up for the Round the Houses 10k in April as a final tune-up before the first marathon of the year. Ticking along nicely.

Grant - that injury sounds horrific, good luck with the recovery.

The Bangor park run was cancelled at the weekend due to a runner collapsing and sadly dying ,I didn't know the guy but he was a member of a local club and a family man...many of the other runners tried to help and the volunteers etc..helped to calm the situation as of course people were upset and there were a lot of children attending.We all plod round our local parkruns and so on for many reasons but ultimately the enjoyment of taking part unites us all so losing a fellow runner hits home for everyone,i think we are having a tribute for him on Saturday morning.

20 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Did the same thing at 15. I'm now nearly 43 and still running.  I actually have more issues with my 'good' knee but that's mainly because I've favoured that leg for so long. 

I had full patella reconstruction at 27 and it took me a good 18 months to get back to running. Everyone is different though. I had acl repaired but most issues have been with medial ligament. I still avoid any sudden jarring or twists to the joint and icey roads are a no no.

Good luck. 

6 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

The Bangor park run was cancelled at the weekend due to a runner collapsing and sadly dying ,I didn't know the guy but he was a member of a local club and a family man...many of the other runners tried to help and the volunteers etc..helped to calm the situation as of course people were upset and there were a lot of children attending.We all plod round our local parkruns and so on for many reasons but ultimately the enjoyment of taking part unites us all so losing a fellow runner hits home for everyone,i think we are having a tribute for him on Saturday morning.

I didn't realise this had happened. I saw someone had collapsed at Clumber Park on Saturday and the defibrillator they have was used and she's doing well. I'm run director on Saturday in Elgin, so will have mention the Bangor runner during my brief. Terrible news.

19 hours ago, Reina said:

I didn't realise this had happened. I saw someone had collapsed at Clumber Park on Saturday and the defibrillator they have was used and she's doing well. I'm run director on Saturday in Elgin, so will have mention the Bangor runner during my brief. Terrible news.

Thanks Reina,his name was Neal Killen and was a member of Orange grove Athletics Club.

Bit annoyed with myself this week. Usually go for a run on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday with possibly track on Thursday thrown in. This week as I'm off and am doing other things I've been Monday and Thursday before chickening out yesterday due to the rain and today due to the frost and ice (even though it wasn't that bad). Ridiculous that I feel bad all day just for missing out on some exercise, hopefully this isn't the start of me losing interest.

Had planned to do shorter ones today and tomorrow after missing out yesterday, hopefully a very long one tomorrow will help balance it out.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

First outdoor run since Christmas eve. Did interval of 15minutes then 9,8,7 down to one with 1/2min break between each. Want to lose weight again but struggling to keep away from sweets at night. emoji29.png

I know what you mean,if it wasn't for Netflix and Yorkie man buttons I'm sure my running would improve no end.

12 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Ran from Croy to Queen St station, about 17 miles in 2.5 hrs. Fitness was fine but legs were absolutely screaming at me for the last 4 miles. Only took 20 minutes back the way on the train. b*****d.

Did you expect to run faster than a train? :) ... still, that's some good running. Did you run along the canal? I ran from Kirkintilloch to Haggs and back for marathon training last year. As you said, the last few miles were an absolute killer. Need to start doing it again as I've signed up for the Arran marathon in June. 

21 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Did you expect to run faster than a train? :) ... still, that's some good running. Did you run along the canal? I ran from Kirkintilloch to Haggs and back for marathon training last year. As you said, the last few miles were an absolute killer. Need to start doing it again as I've signed up for the Arran marathon in June. 

Yep down to auchinstarry and along the canal to spiers wharf. I started feeling sore at Milton, but stopping there, Possil or Ruchill wasn't an option. The slums of Glasgow can be quite a useful motivational tool. Great training route though. I will have a go at the full distance from Falkirk to Glasgow in the summer I think.

17 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Yep down to auchinstarry and along the canal to spiers wharf. I started feeling sore at Milton, but stopping there, Possil or Ruchill wasn't an option. The slums of Glasgow can be quite a useful motivational tool. Great training route though. I will have a go at the full distance from Falkirk to Glasgow in the summer I think.

You're not wrong. Last time I cycled from Falkirk to Glasgow, I got pelted with stones from neds in Maryhill. Hence me running on the nice bits instead.

45 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Often wondered what route you could go if going from Cumbernauld to Glasgow on foot. Not that I fancy doing it any time soon mind you.