The Cricket Thread

bewlay

We're still in the realms of West Indies only really needing one batsmen to get a decent score in the 4th Innings, and lots of overs to get it. England could do with staying out there for a while, even if they aren't scoring runs. I think they can say goodbye to the win unless Broad somebody does one of his mad spells something incredible.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Absolutely.

I reckon 220 is par.

Agreed, if Wood gives it some humpity & gets them to 220 it is game on, the pitch seems ok still so anything less should get knocked off easily, the first session tomorrow will decide the game.

22 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Oooh! 5 for 30. That's a good old fashioned England batting collapse. As it stands, I'd take the Windies to win this. If England can eek out another 40 runs or so, the pendulum begins to swing. Cracking test match.

It's a wee bit scary.

We're still in the realms of West Indies only really needing one batsmen to get a decent score in the 4th Innings, and lots of overs to get it. England could do with staying out there for a while, even if they aren't scoring runs. I think they can say goodbye to the win unless Broad somebody does one of his mad spells something incredible.
Anderson and stokes can fair get it going, though. Can't see wood, archer, or bess doing much. But i really have no clue other than listening to the experts.

They certainly need another 25 otherwise it's definitely against them.

6 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

The fact that wood and archer are able to add runs on this pitch either means the windies are bowling very poorly or the pitch is dead. If England can get a lead of 210+ we could have an exciting conclusion

Think it's gonna be exciting regardless of what England post but I would expect the Windies to chase down 220 8 times out of 10.

Think it's gonna be exciting regardless of what England post but I would expect the Windies to chase down 220 8 times out of 10.
That's a bold statement.

200 the target...

What the f**k was archer doing with the review? Wasting time?

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's a bold statement.

200 the target...

What the f**k was archer doing with the review? Wasting time?

No harm in doing it as last man. The cricket equivalent of punting the ball into the stand and claiming the throw in.

ETA: As Atherton just said it is more of a day 4 pitch than a day 5, so I'd expect West Indies to get this. Not sure about the 59% England win prediction at all.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

No harm in doing it as last man. The cricket equivalent of punting the ball into the stand and claiming the throw in.
ETA: As Atherton just said it is more of a day 4 pitch than a day 5, so I'd expect West Indies to get this. Not sure about the 59% England win prediction at all.
Think there was a stat yesterday that windies have been dismissed for 160 or less 6 times more than any other test side

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:
7 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Think there was a stat yesterday that windies have been dismissed for 160 or less 6 times more than any other test side

Stat this morning was that Windies have never lost a test chasing under 200.