The Cricket Thread

bewlay

17 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I was actually delighted to see Wngl6and come out so positively with Stokes and Buttler even if they didn't quite pull it off. Push on in the morning to try and get 300 in front, then hope Broad can pull off another 8 for 15 or something.

Cardassia would smash it no bother.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

300 is too much, IMO. The target needs to be achievable for the West Indies, them legitimately chasing it will create wicket taking opportunities.

If England give it some humpity then 300 after an hour would leave 73+15 overs given time lost in the Test, achievable for both positive results.

12 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

If England give it some humpity then 300 after an hour would leave 73+15 overs given time lost in the Test, achievable for both positive results.

It’s another great test.  No idea which team is favourite at the moment. 

For all that England were positive yesterday, it wasn't all that easy to score quickly. I can't see them declaring with any less than 270-280 of a lead.
They've been scoring very well this morning. 34 off the first 4 overs.

Very entertaining splash and dash.

They've been scoring very well this morning. 34 off the first 4 overs.

Very entertaining splash and dash.
Surprised given how stodgy it was last night, but another 10-15 minutes of this then they can declare and have the Windies in batting before 12 noon.

England have to declare by 11.50 imo, give themselves an hour before lunch to get through, especially if they want to get the second new ball for the last few overs in the day.
Aye all eyes on root.

Come on, don't be like your predecessors.

Windies need 312 to win with 85 overs to get through. Think England could have chucked it a couple of overs back and would still have plenty of runs to spare. I think that target is far too high for the Windies to think they can win it.

I think that declaration is 3 overs late, if I'm honest. Windies have no chance of winning from here, so they're going to take no risks.
Played on 2 overs too long imo, no chance WI will get tempted into chasing this. 
Might not matter.

Broad and woakes have got it talking.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The T20 world cup has been pushed back a year, with the scheduled 2021 tournament in India pushed back to 2022.

There’s absolutely no chance that a World T20 championship in India will be on the level.