The Cricket Thread

bewlay

2 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

To be fair, there wasn't a great deal said about it here in the first test either because the roles were reversed. I agree, it's not great but thankfully, for the sake of sporting integrity, each side has won one toss each. Hopefully the pitch will be better for the final two tests in Gujarat.

The first test pitch was a hell of a lot better than this one. Behaved in the first couple of days before deteriorating, exactly what you want.

This pitch has a different type of soil on the top of it, and tbh it's a bit of an embarrassment. Still doesn't excuse the English performance, though.

For all the talk of a shit pitch, Rohit has made it look pretty fucking easy. Fairly certain Aggers might have been a little less vocal about the pitch had England won the toss. This all smacks a bit of sour grapes. 
Totally. Thumping England defeat in the sub-continent: SOUND THE SHITE PITCH KLAXON

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

West Indies - with a second string side - completing a series sweep out in Bangladesh. 17 run victory, two absolutely classic tests. :lol:

The big man got through 62 overs in the match. Some effort from him. In the second innings he bowled 30 of the 61 completed overs.

Sheffield Shield restarts on Wednesday but before that it’s NSW v Vic in the Marsh One Day Cup at North Sydney Oval. Vic won toss and put NSW in to bat. After being 3/30 then 5/73 NSW finished on 9/318 with Steve Smith caught 8 balls before the end for 127.  

Regarding the pitch chat - it could be argued producing a green top in England gives the same unfair advantage as this pitch. In saying that, I really don't think the ball should be going through the middle of the pitch in the first session of day 1.  I think England will be lucky to get to 150 in their second innings.

Really came on to post about Ben Foakes - he has been ridiculous this test match and must be the best keeper in the world. I think England have to find a way to get him into the team, he is a good bat but he saves so many runs with his keeping. Absolutely loving watching the skill level he is showing on this pitch.

32 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

More wacky third umpiring there. Levelling things up? Anyway, stumps 53-3.

Doesn’t the third umpire just relay what the technology is telling him in lbw shouts?  He’s not actually making a decision as such.

Root looked out to me.  Has to be remembered that the technology isn’t 100% accurate and very occasionally will be wrong although there’s of course no definitive way to prove it.