The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 minute ago, H Wragg said:

How badly do we have to lose on Thursday to miss out?

Also, flashscore says the match is on Sky Sports Main Event but the next ashes test starts at 11am, which I assume will definitely be on that channel.

surely to f**k it will be shown in its entirety somewhere?

It will be on Sky Sports cricket you tube channel.

Just now, H Wragg said:

Also, flashscore says the match is on Sky Sports Main Event but the next ashes test starts at 11am, which I assume will definitely be on that channel.

Wont know until the first inning is complete, because NRR can only be calculated at the completion of the game, so once you know what the target is you can calculate how close you need to get and how quickly in order not to slip behind.

Our NRR is currently about .3 better than Netherlands, so that will take a fairly significant swing. 

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I've got The Ashes showing on Sky Sports Main Event and Cricket, Scotland game on Sky Sports Mix. Should also be streamable on Bet365 for those with a funded account.

If Netherlands bat first and score 200 we have to get 172

If they get 300 we have to get 268

If they get 350 we need to get 316 

These are examples, not cut off points, the exact total to qualify will be known once they've finished batting

If we bat first the score doesn't matter so much in terms of what they need to do, it's about 44 overs give or take but obviously chasing 150 in 44 isn't as hard as chasing 350 in 44

Just saw @Marten post which beat me to it 

Edited by Fuctifano

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Didn't score anywhere near enough runs in the early overs, here.

"f**k it"

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Given up. Scotland's intent early on was pathetic. Who plods along at three an over in the powerplay? They've given themselves absolutely nothing to build on and are now suffering for it.

"Double f**k it"

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Decent finish, seems like they did better once I stopped watching. 😀

A couple of early wickets and you never know.

"Hmm ..."

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Good start Mon Scotland 🤞

"Better ..."

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Could do with breaking this partnership.

"Biting nails"

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

SEXY TIMES.

"Stand easy"

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Get the f**k out.

"Hopes rising"

Okay to start panicking again, yet?

"Fears rising"

Magic. Brilliant result. Quick question, does the Dutch Super Over against the Windies count towards net run rate? 

"And breathe"

The life of a Scotland supporter in microcosm - actual sport not all that relevant! 😀

57 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's a pity that the efforts of Scotland and the Netherlands in getting to this stage with the odds totally stacked against them are flying under the radar because of all the fallout from the Ashes. 

What's even stranger is the other night the Women's Ashes T20 started while the final session of the Men's Test was happening. The scheduling is woeful. 

51 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What's even stranger is the other night the Women's Ashes T20 started while the final session of the Men's Test was happening. The scheduling is woeful. 

Quite right. How can they make the men's tea if they're playing cricket themselves?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yeah that was odd. I saw that it was scheduled for 7pm and assumed that was when it started, so was somewhat surprised to see they were already about ten overs in when the coverage began.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Pope out with his shoulder injury, and Tongue and Anderson out for the third test too.

Moeen, Woakes and Wood take their places. Means a reshuffle of the batting order.

20230705_154827.jpg

Brook at 3 is a big gamble. Tongue a bit unlucky to lose his place.

19 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's a pity that the efforts of Scotland and the Netherlands in getting to this stage with the odds totally stacked against them are flying under the radar because of all the fallout from the Ashes. 

I've been so caught up with Scotland's exploits that I forgot the Ashes were happening

27 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Pope out with his shoulder injury, and Tongue and Anderson out for the third test too.

Moeen, Woakes and Wood take their places. Means a reshuffle of the batting order.

20230705_154827.jpg

Thought they might have went with the young spinner with Ali's recent injuries. Tongue got some big wickets so surprised he misses out in a way although Wood back and hard to leave out Broad. Is Robinson a better bet? I don't know.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

20230705_154827.jpg

An even longer tail than the first 2 tests.

Reckon the Aussies will win again. 

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Brook at 3 is a big gamble. Tongue a bit unlucky to lose his place.

Can only think they are concerned about Tongue's fitness given how much time he missed with injuries. He got Khawaja and Warner with terrific balls and got Smith out twice.