The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Fair fucks to Ollie Pope for almost single handedly turning this into a competitive game.  If England can some summon up another 100 runs from here it becomes at least a challenge for India. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Fair fucks to Ollie Pope for almost single handedly turning this into a competitive game.  If England can some summon up another 100 runs from here it becomes at least a challenge for India. 

I think even another 70-80 could be interesting. The Foakes wicket showed that it’s starting to do some interesting things in terms of variable bounce. Won’t be a nice track to bat last on. 

17 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Australia really struggling against West Indies in this final test. 

Aussies do bat a long way down and the Windies are short a bowler, so probably should see this out.

England making a stab of it, which I did not expect to see at all.

9 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

126 run lead at the close with 4 wickets left. Ollie Pope absolutely outstanding, unbeaten on 148. I didn’t expect this game to last beyond today. 

Surely has to go against the spirit of the game that England fielded a completely different Ollie Pope for the second innings?

43 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Aussies do bat a long way down and the Windies are short a bowler, so probably should see this out.

England making a stab of it, which I did not expect to see at all.

Caught the end of play there, I've no idea how Cam Green survived until the close of play. I suspect he has no idea either.

Just now, mcfadden22 said:

Is anybody listening to the commentary on Talksport?  Harmison and Gough are so bad I will never complain about Atherton and Husein ever again

I’d sooner cut my ears off with a rusty spoon. 

Pope plays one on to the stumps himself to be out for 196, one of the all time great innings by an English player in India. Fair play to him, never saw that coming after how he looked in the first innings.

Watched the NZ Women’s Super Smash Final earlier today and Central Hinds’ Rosemary Mair took 4 wickets for 5 runs from her 4 overs, including 19 dot balls. They still lost though by 1 run to Wellington Blaze.