The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Cook: "We haven't asked for wickets to be like this"

Geoffrey: "I don't believe Alastair Cook"

The Oval will be a good batting track for the last Test, as it always is. If the other two are similar to Lord's, England really are face down in the brown stuff.

The Oval will be a good batting track for the last Test, as it always is. If the other two are similar to Lord's, England really are face down in the brown stuff.

It's partly to try and negate the Aussie quick bowlers, and partly so the ECB can get the cash for 5 day tests.

That went well, on both counts.

I would drop Ballance Down the order. Swap him with Root. Bell has to go though, I understand the comment of giving him his home test but England cannot afford to be 3 down before 100 again

I think the last thing England should do is move Root. He's performing well where he is. Leave him be.

I think the last thing England should do is move Root. He's performing well where he is. Leave him be.

Root is the best batsman England have. No.3 is imho the most important postion in a team.

In other news Bairstow gets another century in their CC match. Averaging over a 100 in the Championship and can't get in to the squad

Nassar Hussein on Sky saying Edgbaston had to be prepared to nibble about a bit.

Ricky Pointing is trying not to laugh as he points out England were hopeless on a flat track so,why would a nibbling pitch help.

Think there's any chance ever Strauss might swallow his pride and consider bringing KP back?

He's not the answer. England need to learn to bat through four or five sessions. Wasting a slot on a preening, disruptive tit who'll score 43 then toss his wicket away in laughable fashion won't help them.

A solid opener is top of the list IMO.

Not this summer though, I quite enjoy the Aussies giving them an absolute dicking.

If I was on the groundstaff at Lord's I'd be furious with Cook for saying that. There's no way that pitch wasn't asked for.

Nassar Hussein on Sky saying Edgbaston had to be prepared to nibble about a bit.

Ricky Pointing is trying not to laugh as he points out England were hopeless on a flat track so,why would a nibbling pitch help.

Look at Cardiff for the reasons. England can't do worse than they have in this one with the bat, whereas Australia could do a lot lot worse.

Quite looking forward to watching the verdict on Sky, Bob Willis will be in full on "get them all to f**k" mode.

WC Qualifiers update- Ireland got similar luck to Scotland in that all the results went their way and they qualified automatically.

Scotland will play the winner of Afghanistan vs Hong Kong- which I would put a reasonabe sum on being Afghanistan- next Saturday.

Ireland play winner of Netherlands vs Namibia in the other semi final.

Edited by Fuctifano

He's not the answer. England need to learn to bat through four or five sessions. Wasting a slot on a preening, disruptive tit who'll score 43 then toss his wicket away in laughable fashion won't help them.

A solid opener is top of the list IMO.

Not this summer though, I quite enjoy the Aussies giving them an absolute dicking.

I'd agree with a lot of that, however with the push for Bairstow to be selected based on current form, the same principle doesn't appear to be applicable to Pietersen. Strauss has said that he can't be selected due to a "massive trust issue", yet the England captain has quite clearly lied through his teeth in his post-match interview regarding the preparation of the pitch.