The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

England win the toss - for the fourth time running and bizarrely decide to bowl - I'm sure Australia would have wanted to bat in any case given Old Trafford's past history.

An absolute baffling decision.

I hadn't realised just quite how mental the record was at Old Trafford (no team has won a test batting in the fourth innings ever), but I do wonder how much of that is due to OT turning more than other English pitches and Australia don't have a spinner this time. 

I know it's been an entertaining series, but a lot of that has been down to some utterly brainless batting by both sides. This time it's Head who can't leave a short ball alone.

Edited by peasy23

8 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm guessing Hazelwood Starc and Cummins like most of the last ten years. 

They bat stupidly deep with this line up but any time I think a side is like that they normally lose their last 4 wickets for about 10

It’s a team picked for the weather.  Which in Manchester is rather risky. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Really was, wasn’t it?   Not quite sure what Australia are playing at here.  That was one of the few very decent deliveries. 

The batting from Australia is as poor as the decision to put them in to bat.

This should be a 400+ innings wicket not a 250-300 wicket.

29 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The batting from Australia is as poor as the decision to put them in to bat.

This should be a 400+ innings wicket not a 250-300 wicket.

The thing is, you know England are capable as batting as stupidly as the Aussies have done, especially if it's short ball central with no spinner in the Aussie team.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

The thing is, you know England are capable as batting as stupidly as the Aussies have done, especially if it's short ball central with no spinner in the Aussie team.

If Australia are genuinely trying to turn this into a three day knock-down, drag-out slug fest, I’d fancy England’s chances.