The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Great day 3 for England especially for Joe Root and it was nice to see his brother Billy as 12th man sledging him before he got to his century.

Joe Root has said his brother sledging was nastier than Shane Watson.

post-45146-0-63297200-1374360651_thumb.j

Day 4 I think England will bat to give Joe Root a chance to get 200 and also the bonus of sending the total for Australia over 600 before declaring before lunch.

Only saw the highlights yesterday, but that was a total grinder of a performance byt he look of it. Its never pretty watching a team simply bat a bit of time rather than chasing/forcing the game but Root has ended any discussion about his place as an opener with this knock.

I think this shows England were right not to declare, Australia will be utterly humiliated and looking at the bowling stats, Australia's bowlers have had to really toil hard in the sun, look at the respective number of overs bowled so far, Australia are being put right through the wringer and this will take its toll.

Hopefully Root gets the double hundred and then England give themselves an hour or so at Australi before lunch and start knocking them down. Australia have been abject. Its hilarious how bad they are just now.

The lead is already huge. But as had been said, getting above 600 makes sense, and making them bowl for ages.

The general view now seems to be bat til Root gets his double century and then make the declaration. Id probably bat til half twelve and give the bowlers a half hour or so at it, then some lunch, and then back out for another go. I'd expect Swann to clean up out there once Jimmy and Broad have had a muck around with the new ball.

If Smith could manage to take wickets bowling utter filth like that, Swann, and even Root , should manage fine.

Sad to see Agars bowling is fucking shite, he seems like a nice bloke but this is test cricket. Any technical flaws at all will be brutally exposed. I hope he can sort his bowling out, but he will be dropped for the next test for certain, as he was picked for his bowling.

Drop him for Faulkener?

Pattinson seemed to bowl well in the morning and afternoon yesterday, although the batsmen were simply grinding at that point. I would persist with him as he is quick and he CAN be a good test bowler if he keeps his line. He will learn and get better.

Would like to see the Aussies make a bit of a fight of this. If they can make it too Tea with say 150-75 on board with no loss then the England bowlers might start to tire.

This will almost Definately be about Swann today. He will bowl a hell of a lot alternating between seamers. Maybe Root will get ball in hand aswell.

Any betting man able to give the odds for Watson getting done lb again???

Would like to see the Aussies make a bit of a fight of this. If they can make it too Tea with say 150-75 on board with no loss then the England bowlers might start to tire.

This will almost Definately be about Swann today. He will bowl a hell of a lot alternating between seamers. Maybe Root will get ball in hand aswell.

Any betting man able to give the odds for Watson getting done lb again???

He's 2/1 LBW, 4/6 CAUGHT and 9/2 BOWLED.

Looking like a right rid neck for the Aussies today. This, combined with Froome going to win the TDF and Westwood well-set in the Open is looking like a good day for English sport.

I am NOT going to the pub tonight.

If Murray can be British Mr The Kincardine, then they can ALL be British. No whitaboutery from you today please!