The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England all out for 58 in 20.4 overs. Craig Overton top scorer with 33 n.o. NZ only used 2 bowlers, Trent Boult 6/32 off 10.4 overs and Tim Southee 4/25 off 10. This could be a very short Test if Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor on form.

Gutted for the Scots, truly heartbreaking. I don't know what to say but that I am extremely proud of the team. Something that has seriously frustrated me is that certain players weren't allowed to play because their counties wouldn't release them, namely Josh Davey, Gavin Main and Andrew Umeed. Obviously its counter factual to argue if they had played but if further highlights crickets dysfunctional system.

North of England beat South of England at the Oval

CricInfo report starts:

"The North finally tasted victory against the South at the fifth attempt, winning another hugely entertaining contest by 46 runs, tying the three match series at one apiece, bagged a cheque for 10000 and in so doing achieved something that has been beyond successive UK governments for the better part of 40 years in redistributing money from South to North."

The UAE v Zimbabwe match has also been interrupted by rain, but play is set to resume with the UAE on 235-7 after batting first.

Because that has been delayed Sky had put the SA v Aus test on instead. Edgar and de Villiers going well, SA 152-2.

Good article about the lack of opportunities for Scotland to even get matches arranged now after failing to qualify for the world cup.

Scottish cricket faces uncertain future after World Cup qualification failure - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43499117