The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Oh.  I had planned to pop out of work early and watch the final extended session of the day's play.  Good recovery from England, to be fair, even if I think the team selection is a little all-over-the-shop.

So many test matches are just hopeless one sided now, even if it isn't the same side that's winning them all. Think the last decent match I can remember watching was the Windies chasing down 300+ vs England last year.

So many test matches are just hopeless one sided now, even if it isn't the same side that's winning them all. Think the last decent match I can remember watching was the Windies chasing down 300+ vs England last year.

I blame positive thinking

Everyone is so focused on preparing to get things right to begin with that they won’t consider needing to dig their way out of a cock up if they don’t

I like Vaughn, although I suspect he’s just a personable Tory.

I also like Vaughn, find Tuffers hard work, comments on Broad were, I thought a bit harsh, but he and Anderson can't go on forever, not sure if the next group are up to much

I also like Vaughn, find Tuffers hard work, comments on Broad were, I thought a bit harsh, but he and Anderson can't go on forever, not sure if the next group are up to much
Vaughan made a good point on radio last night, that they bring in bowlers who are used to opening for their county, who come in to the test side as 3rd/4th choice and don't get handed the ball until it's already 16-18 overs old.

Vaughan made a good point on radio last night, that they bring in bowlers who are used to opening for their county, who come in to the test side as 3rd/4th choice and don't get handed the ball until it's already 16-18 overs old.

This just makes sense, also sees who has it and who has not

Guest Moomintroll

Decent game on Sky tonight, would not fancy facing Steyn in these conditions after Somerset seemed to be cruising.