The Cricket Thread

bewlay

• 3 weeks later...

The Global T20 Canada tournament is now well under way featuring some big name players, Steve Smith, Lasith Malinga, Chris Gayle, David Warner. Five teams 'representing' different Canadian cities and the West Indies B Team. It was billed as taking place in Toronto, when it's actually in a small town an hour north called King City. I get that they have a ready made cricket ground there already but feel that it would have been much better to have been held in Mississauga, Brampton or Surrey, BC. Cities with huge South Asian populations. Unfortunately it appears to receive zero tv coverage, and King City is a pain in the arse to get without a car. Hopefully the league is a success. There are ambitious plans for a 35,000 stadium in the Greater Toronto Area which was supposed to be finished by 2017, but so far zero work has taken place 

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed day for Michael Vaughan. Tommy Robinson got out of jail, but England yet again threw away a promising position after Joe Root yet again didn't turn 50 into 100.

I don't like Kohli, seems an arrogant dick. Very good player though and winning in England would probably be his finest Test achievement.

Mixed day for Michael Vaughan. Tommy Robinson got out of jail, but England yet again threw away a promising position after Joe Root yet again didn't turn 50 into 100.
I don't like Kohli, seems an arrogant dick. Very good player though and winning in England would probably be his finest Test achievement.
Don't tell me that. I like Vaughan. Has he tweeted in support of him or something?

In relation to the cricket, who was to blame for the root run out?

I was listening on the radio and missed who's fault it was. What a fucking shambles of a wicket at such a crucial time.
Both batsmen. The way i see it is they are both experienced batsmen and were both going for a 2nd run that was not really needed to be risked running. They were both set and fine and looking at the hundred. Root was a little slow to be honest but bairstow was greedy in just attempting the run. Root has a voice he could of said no. Take nothing from the throw though because that was spot on.

England bowling fantastically.  India 100/5 and in all sorts of bother.  298 looking like a decent score.

Just as I type that, Stokes has had a perfectly good LBW ruled out by what I can only assume was a glitch with ball tracking.  No way that's going that far down.

England being made to pay this morning for letting India off the ropes yesterday. England lead by 99, certainly not over but it did feel one of Stokes or Bairstow needed a decent total, both out before lunch. Unless India are as generous to England as England were to them yesterday then this is looking bleak for England.