The Cricket Thread

bewlay

That’s one of the best balls I’ve ever seen by Rashid. Incredible turn.
Stunning, like one of Warne's best. Undoubtedly got a bit of help from the rough but still an absolute ripper.

It was starting to get a bit squeaky bum time for England but they should be fine now after those two wickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Australian domestic 50 over competition is held before the Sheffield Shield starts. The group stage ended earlier this week. In recent years 2nd has played 3rd to see who plays 1st in the Final. This year after 5 group games each all 6 States play in the finals knock-out series with 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 then semi-final 1 v lowest placed winner and 2 v highest placed winner. Just as well it was free admission to group games.

ETA: Semi Finals not the same method as NRL. They are Tasmania (2) v Queensland (6) and WA (1) v Victoria (4) or NSW (5).

Edited by Eednud

BBC don't have the rights to the Sri Lanka series, so they're doing a kind of test match sofa thing. They weren't happy about other people doing that when they had the rights... 

Aussies struggling vs Pakistan. Home advantage just ridiculous in tests at the moment. 

Edit - I know Pakistan aren't at home but it's far closer to their home conditions. 

Edited by Fuctifano

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

BBC don't have the rights to the Sri Lanka series, so they're doing a kind of test match sofa thing. They weren't happy about other people doing that when they had the rights... 

Aussies struggling vs Pakistan. Home advantage just ridiculous in tests at the moment. 

Edit - I know Pakistan aren't at home but it's far closer to their home conditions. 

Wisden Cricket doing live commentary of the Pakistan v Australia series if interested. Although last night Guerilla Cricket covered it during the Sri lankan rain.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
14 hours ago, Eednud said:
Azhar Ali thinks it’s a boundary. Silly bugger. 

What is it with Pakistan and abysmal run outs? Absolutely amateurish.

It really is. One of the guys I play Sunday cricket with ran himself out in a very similar fashion this season. It was infuriating and hilarious at the same time for the rest of us.