The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England-esque levels of loose fielding as well. An absolute bottle job towards the end. However this brings closer the prospect of all-conquering England failing to qualify from their home WC which would be immensely funny, so I'm good with this result.

Guest Moomintroll

Definitely. Only people to challenge him are Shakib (if Bangladesh get to the semis) and maybe Finch, Warner or Williamson if they have an excellent knockout innings. Could probably put Rohit in that bracket too.
Now that England have somehow Scotlanded it, I really want to Bangladesh to get through to the Semis mostly because of Shakib. The guy is an absolute legend, who knows how good he would have been in a top team with others around to share the load.

Solid if unspectacular start by England. Just shows the difference of having Roy over Vince at the top of the order. Able just to see off the quicks for the first half dozen overs or so whilst keeping the scoreboard ticking over at a reasonable rate

Guest Bob Mahelp

Say what you ;like about Eoin Morgan, but one thing he's decent at is winning the toss. It seems to be pretty much every game that he's getting to choose whether to bat first or not. 

Decent start from England here.  If they see Bumrah off without loss then I reckon they'll cause some damage against their middle over bowlers. 

Very good start by England. Bairstow is a better player partnering Roy. I wonder if England should almost become a bat-first team whatever the conditions when they win the toss. I automatically feel more confident when they are batting first.

Guest Moomintroll

Heavens to Murgitroyd, an opening partnership, exit Vince, stage left. Jonny Bairstow is a completely different animal when Jason Roy is up the other end, hope this will not be a case of what might have been.

Guest Bob Mahelp

400+ on the cards here. 

If you don't get Roy or Bairstow out before they get settled then you're asking for trouble. 

Guest Moomintroll
Those fucking Star Tours adverts are absolutely abysmal
Although after extensive research I have to positively deem her an utter wid.

Guest Bob Mahelp

As talented as they are, India don't have the depth of England's batting line up, or the brutality.

I'll be stunned if they get anywhere close to the target.