The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Rashid Khan’s Test captaincy debut is going well, he scored 51 as Afghanistan made 342, and has now taken 3 wickets in his first 5 overs including that of Shakib, to reduce Bangladesh to 88/5.

That guy would get in most test teams in the world. Certainly both teams currently playing in the Ashes. I don’t think there’s a single cricket fan who doesn’t root for Afghanistan.

That guy would get in most test teams in the world. Certainly both teams currently playing in the Ashes. I don’t think there’s a single cricket fan who doesn’t root for Afghanistan.

4 wickets now as he takes Mahmudullah...

Afghanistan heading for a possible second Test win ever, in their third ever Test match... (I know it’s only Ireland and Bangladesh but still, impressive).

What was notable to me was that Rashid Khan, the national hero in a very T20 driven country, and the number one T20 bowler in the world, was talking about how Test Cricket is “real cricket” and how he wants Afghanistan to excel in the format. Good to hear.

Root edges one right through the gap between Paine and Warner that they leave for each other. Root down getting treatment just now after getting whacked on the knee, Australia reviewed it but the impact was outside off stump. This looks like a really sore one.

Root edges one right through the gap between Paine and Warner that they leave for each other. Root down getting treatment just now after getting whacked on the knee, Australia reviewed it but the impact was outside off stump. This looks like a really sore one.

That was another dreadful review by Australia. They’ve been awful with DRS.

That was another dreadful review by Australia. They’ve been awful with DRS.
Tbf I should have said well outside off stump, as it was missing the stumps too. Think they said Australia have been successful with barely more than a quarter of their reviews in the series so far. (7 of 25?) Joel Wilson has a better record.

Strange ending tonight as the umpires appeared to tell Paine if he stuck with spin they could play on, then just as Labuschagne was getting ready to bowl they bring the light meter out and take the players off. Think Australia would have loved to get 6 overs in tonight and start afresh with the new ball tomorrow morning.