The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Pant must surely be for the hook after that. Absolutely no discipline whatsoever. 

No game awareness whatsoever. He really needed to dig in and bat time above all else, but he just looks incapable. He's a great player to have when your batting unit is strong and laying solid foundations. You don't want him anywhere near this batting line-up though when he has to come to the crease with the team in trouble.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

These scores make the pitch look like a minefield.  

It will be intersting to see how it goes if the sun comes out and it dries out for a bit.   Big hour for England and for Pope to show he isn't an overhyped cricketer.

I cannot understand why they have the dreadful Warne on commentry. 

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It will be intersting to see how it goes if the sun comes out and it dries out for a bit.   Big hour for England and for Pope to show he isn't an overhyped cricketer.

I cannot understand why they have the dreadful Warne on commentry. 

I think cricket commentators, for the most part, are excellent. Even the more, erm, hyperbolic of them -like Warne or Swann, who seems have been given the boot by the Beeb anyway - are sufferable at worst. 

Pope has all the makings of a test cricketer, it’s just a question of whether he’s a Ramprakash or a Thorpe. 

Edited by Savage Henry

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I think cricket commentators, for the most part, are excellent. Even the more, erm, hyperbolic of them -like Warne or Swann, who seems have been given the boot by the Beeb anyway - are sufferable at worst. 

I have a real issue listening to Swann a man that shat out of a toyr to keep his bowling average under 30 and let his teammates down, he's also a slavering shitgibbon.

I'd rather have a home based commentator or an Indian one instead of Warne, also a slavering shitgibbon.  Of course the correct choice is often to mute Sky and listen to the commentry on TMS.

19 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't mind Warne as a commentator. Rob Key can gtf though, not a fan of his at all.

Anyway, this partnership is huge. They've quickly pulled England out of a crisis, and if they continue to lunch and for much more than an hour beyond, England will be ahead.

Would have England slightly ahead at the moment.  A couple of quick wickets puts India back on top though.  If these two knock off the deficit in the next hour England are well on top

Just now, Left Back said:

Would have England slightly ahead at the moment.  A couple of quick wickets puts India back on top though.  If these two knock off the deficit in the next hour England are well on top

Yes, I could probably have worded that better. What I meant to say was that if they are still there an hour after lunch then England will have a lead. I agree that England are sightly ahead just now in the match situation.

Was just cursing Siraj and asking the TV where the f**k Ashwin was and he's done the business. Has looked awful but he's a confidence bowler and that should put a spring in his step. Game on again. Pant's chirping is very entertaining.

Edited by Jimi Shandrix