The Cricket Thread

bewlay

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Good luck.  If you did that the Western Terrace would take you apart 😂

Quite. I would expect nothing less from drunken English sports fans. 50 for Hameed. Genuinely pleased for the lad after all the troubles he's had. This game is long gone for India. Onto The Oval.

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

And there's the close, England 120-0. Absolutely faultless. What a day of cricket.

It is as good a day’s play as I think they’ve put together under Silverwood.  Absolutely blew India away.

26 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I saw Root go off with a duff hand.  Anyone know what the scoop is with that?

Came back on after about an hour.  Was fielding at first slip, so presumably it’s all fine.

Edit:  there’s every possibility that both the England openers score more runs by themselves than the entire Indian team.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Came back on after about an hour.  Was fielding at first slip, so presumably it’s all fine.

Edit:  there’s every possibility that both the England openers score more runs by themselves than the entire Indian team.  

That’ll be Burns and Hameed both out in the first over tomorrow now…

Once India we’re 5 down it was the sort of day England had to force home the advantage. Usually a situation they conspire to f’ck up in new and exciting ways.

And Burns past 50 as well. Glad to see him getting past it before the close this time.

He’s horrible to watch for an opening bat, Hameed isn’t the most correct either but at least he looks reasonably solid on the back foot.
Fair play, Burns scratched around for a long awaited knock. No complaints with his pull for six into the Western Terrace either. Anderson’s spell superb, Root knows exactly when he’s done his job.

4 hours ago, codfish said:

That’ll be Burns and Hameed both out in the first over tomorrow now…

Once India we’re 5 down it was the sort of day England had to force home the advantage. Usually a situation they conspire to f’ck up in new and exciting ways.

This is still a long, long way away from being unEnglandable.

Batting collapse tomorrow, England all out sub-250. India bat for two days and post a 500'ish score, I don't fancy England at all to knock off the difference batting last.

This is still a long, long way away from being unEnglandable.
Batting collapse tomorrow, England all out sub-250. India bat for two days and post a 500'ish score, I don't fancy England at all to knock off the difference batting last.
Kinda feeling this. I would guess anything over 200 for England to chase in the final innings would be a big ask. If they can manage it they should bat the day today and hopefully get a lead close to 300. And yes I know England haven't been over 300 much recently apart from Sri Lanka.