Cappielow Set For 2million Upgrade

Getting help from your local council, fcukin glorious. How's the Ton's relationship with theirs?

Could be worse- they stepped in to veto Hugh Scott's plans to sell Cappielow for anything other than recreational purposes and in the process scuppered his plans to shut the club down. Thanks for asking.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be worse- they stepped in to veto Hugh Scott's plans to sell Cappielow for anything other than recreational purposes and in the process scuppered his plans to shut the club down. Thanks for asking.

That's what all the empty houses in the Port are for, surely?

:huh:

That bit was never 'done' - it's the previously pebbled area that is now primarily used for the Helix. It's got f'ck all to do with the club.

What's the Helix?

So it's not the bit of wasteland they charge us to park in at the away stand?

Getting help from your local council, fcukin glorious. How's the Ton's relationship with theirs?

Well they stopped an asset stripper selling the ground, that for most clubs counts as a big service. Not of course by Falkirk's incestuous and taxpayer-ruining relationship with the council though. I guess we'll cope with that, champ.

Well they stopped an asset stripper selling the ground, that for most clubs counts as a big service. Not of course by Falkirk's incestuous and taxpayer-ruining relationship with the council though. I guess we'll cope with that, champ.

So we gave the prime site of brockville to a supermarket who were desperate to take it ..as a club we got seriously fucked financially over that deal...a simpleton like yourself though seems to think there was some sort of deal going on...what's your evidence

So we gave the prime site of brockville to a supermarket who were desperate to take it ..as a club we got seriously fucked financially over that deal...a simpleton like yourself though seems to think there was some sort of deal going on...what's your evidence

The evidence that Falkirk have benefitted from public money is in the £3.1 million that Falkirk Council invested in their new stadium, and the £600,000 going into sorting the car park. Even a simpleton like yourself can see that, surely?

And could you now provide evidence as to how Falkirk were "financially fucked" by Morrisons' deal to buy Brockville? This should be good...

The evidence that Falkirk have benefitted from public money is in the £3.1 million that Falkirk Council invested in their new stadium, and the £600,000 going into sorting the car park. Even a simpleton like yourself can see that, surely?

The £3.1m has been discussed.

The car park does not require 'sorting' - it's being upgraded for Helix use.

The £3.1m has been discussed.

The car park does not require 'sorting' - it's being upgraded for Helix use.

Yes, it has been discussed, and is sufficient evidence (as requested) that Falkirk have benefitted from public money being used to build them a stadium.

FalkirkStadium-da56452.JPG

Top left corner of the pic is where the new paviors are going I believe. You're precious wasteland would appear safe for now ;)

Erm not really though since that is exactly where we park...

:lol:

Thanks Zen, so it is the area used for visiting fans, and is being paid for by the council, through tax, that only leaves the question of where does the money from visiting fans go to? The club or the council?

"F*** all to do with the club"

The car park being upgraded, on a match day, is used by permit holders only (home fans).

The rest of the time it's used by anyone visiting the Helix/Kelpies.

Council obviously felt it needed upgraded from loose rubble to mono block.

The away car park behind the north stand I believe will remain as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Thanks Zen, so it is the area used for visiting fans

No. That area in the picture (and what is being upgraded) is primarily used for home supporters. The away parking area is directly behind the away stand and to the right of it in that picture.

FalkirkStadium-da56452.JPG

Top left corner of the pic is where the new paviors are going I believe. You're precious wasteland would appear safe for now ;)

Erm not really though since that is exactly where we park...

my bad, we park near the top right of the photo.

The car park being upgraded, on a match day, is used by permit holders only (home fans).

The rest of the time it's used by anyone visiting the Helix/Kelpies.

Council obviously felt it needed upgraded from loose rubble to mono block.

The away car park behind the north stand I believe will remain as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

1.How much are the permits then and where does the cash go?

2. So the away parking stays as loose rubble then?

Archived