Cappielow Set For 2million Upgrade

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The away end is getting new bogs, as I have to say, the facilities down there were giving Somerset Park's away end a run for it's money! Quite a lot of aesthetic work being done too, which really are only papering over the cracks. The place is in a sorry condition nowadays.

I've always thought it bizarre that they don't keep the WDE for themselves, put that cover over it & leave the Sinclair St terrace for visitors? It's the big end & is closest to Greenock TC!

I've always thought it bizarre that they don't keep the WDE for themselves, put that cover over it & leave the Sinclair St terrace for visitors? It's the big end & is closest to Greenock TC!

We used to use the Dublin years ago,I think it is now easier to have the home support use the cowshed and Sinclair St for police control. I'm only assuming this is why.

I'd like to to if there is any guys out there that are 100% honest with themselves that actually give a fuk about where the piss, for me as long as its undercover and personally secluded I couldn't give a toss. People talk about the toilets at Ayr, they do what they say on the tin, you enter and you piss you leave, job done.

It was converted from terracing to seats in the early 80s, back when fans could stand behind either goal and you could change ends at half time. A low fence was put up up a few years later, and made into a full fence when we got promoted in 1987. The end nearer Sinclair Street was presumably given to home fans as its section of the Cowshed was the larger.

In 1993 the club polled fans on which end they'd prefer as the home end. Two thirds voted to keep it the way it was.

The only time I can recall home fans being there since is for the Peterhead title games (3rd div and League 1) and a top of the table clash against Gretna in the 2nd division.

A game against Ayr (a save the Ton day) saw the ends switched round for that game only.

I'd like to to if there is any guys out there that are 100% honest with themselves that actually give a fuk about where the piss, for me as long as its undercover and personally secluded I couldn't give a toss. People talk about the toilets at Ayr, they do what they say on the tin, you enter and you piss you leave, job done.

What does your bathroom at home look like?

I made the point before that I at least like the option of washing my hands after a pish. This usually gets shouted down with shouts of "whit dae ye pish aw oer yer hands like?". No, I don't, but my hand has just touched my cock and I have a certain amount of decency and personal hygiene, I'd like to wash my hands.

Fair enough if you've managed to get running water to those piss huts now but certainly didn't the last time I was there. I should also add that it's never stopped me going to a game at Cappielow, it's not the be all and end all but you must expect comments from visiting fans on it when they're in such a condition.

Archived