Cappielow Set For 2million Upgrade

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, I was in the Cowshed a few years back and it's a smashing place to watch from. Unfortunately I'm 6 foot and have legs so the main stand is comfortably the most uncomfortable away day in the country for me.

Aye it's a self defeating circle. A lot of our fans (especially the older ones) are turned off by the cramped main stand, so less fans turn up, so we don't get the WDE, so we end up cramped into the main stand.

I have legs as well, what a coincidence.

Sorry to hijack a Morton thread for this but I seem to have a different memory to other Falkirk and visiting fans.

Nobody in their right mind says that TFS is atmospheric or a great place for excitement, where as Brockville was a dump but had a cracking atmosphere when it was full and a big game.

Here's where my memory has deserted me.

We seem to be getting insulted by fans of teams like QOS and Morton saying the TFS is crap for atmosphere.

When the f**k did a Falkirk game v any of these no marks have an atmosphere??????

We could play most of the league at the best stadiums in the world and the atmosphere would still be flat.

You've been in this league for years now, showing little sign of getting promoted yourselves. No-marks is a description that fits your own club too. Don't kid yourself that the people of Greenock or Dumfries are any more excited at the prospect of you lot coming to town than you are when we or Queens visit Grangemouth.

About time Cappielow was brought into 21st century. It got so bad that we Raith fans have boycotted last few visits. The stewardship in that pokey wee stand are knobs

Did you? Can't say I'd noticed.

I remember being in the cowshed for derbies. It was great. Police and stewards in the terrace where the segregation was but up the back at the pie hut there was just a wee bit of chicken wire.

Out title winning season in 2000 saw two Morton games where the cowshed was completely empty. Atmosphere was hopeless. What a c**t Hugh Scott was.

Get the Morton fans in the west bank as well when we're at home.

Sorry to hijack a Morton thread for this but I seem to have a different memory to other Falkirk and visiting fans.

Nobody in their right mind says that TFS is atmospheric or a great place for excitement, where as Brockville was a dump but had a cracking atmosphere when it was full and a big game.

Here's where my memory has deserted me.

We seem to be getting insulted by fans of teams like QOS and Morton saying the TFS is crap for atmosphere.

When the f**k did a Falkirk game v any of these no marks have an atmosphere??????

We could play most of the league at the best stadiums in the world and the atmosphere would still be flat.

I can remember a couple of visits to Falkirks new ground and our end was rockin.

I can remember a couple of visits to Falkirks new ground and our end was rockin.

I was just thinking that. The 2-0 win when Mehmet and Dorman scored was one of the best atmospheres I've been in. Far better than anything experienced in the shitey open topped stand at Cappielow, which is an absolute atmosphere vacuum.

.......one of the best atmospheres I've been in. Far better than anything experienced in the shitey open topped stand at Cappielow, which is an absolute atmosphere vacuum.

Yeah, right. Most posters agree that the atmosphere at Cappielow is great when there's a decent crowd in and a good game on the go, but you come in with the above.

Mind you, you may have a point - it's a good while since you brought a half-decent number to the Wee Dublin End, it's only been for the Renny Cup of late, and when your team plays the way they did for most of last season you guys are hardly likely to raise the roof, even if there was one.

Meanwhile the Methadome has apparently never yet had a sellout game, has all the atmosphere of the Gobi Desert and last season I'm sure someone crossed a tumbleweed into the box instead of the ball.

Yeah, right. Most posters agree that the atmosphere at Cappielow is great when there's a decent crowd in and a good game on the go, but you come in with the above.

Mind you, you may have a point - it's a good while since you brought a half-decent number to the Wee Dublin End, it's only been for the Renny Cup of late, and when your team plays the way they did for most of last season you guys are hardly likely to raise the roof, even if there was one.

Meanwhile the Methadome has apparently never yet had a sellout game, has all the atmosphere of the Gobi Desert and last season I'm sure someone crossed a tumbleweed into the box instead of the ball.

A good point well made.

Cappielow IS a dump. Lack of care over the last 10 years has lead to that. It's a dump but it shouldn't have to be. It's one of the last of its kind and it's a shame to look at the state of parts of the place now.

Cappielow IS a dump. Lack of care over the last 10 years has lead to that. It's a dump but it shouldn't have to be. It's one of the last of its kind and it's a shame to look at the state of parts of the place now.

Yep agree with you,it should be a cracking ground but every time I've been there it looks like it gets practically zero maintenance.a lot of other grounds are similar but Morton don't seem averse to spending a Bob or two.dougie should have channelled a bit into upkeep.

Firhill should have retained the old terracing but we managed to finance the Lyle Taylor deal solely from the tatties we grew there.forward thinking board that is.

Archived