Cappielow Set For 2million Upgrade

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: :lol: :lol: You're just being silly now. You're clearly always right even when you're wrong!

:lol: :lol: :lol: You'll be telling me next when I walk the cut (anti-clock ways) I'm not walking up hill for five and a half mile. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 7 years later...

Make instant improvement too it wi a bulldozer

You're pretty obsessed about Cappielow :lol: I'd take Cappielow over LegoLand and a plastic pitch any day.

Apparently 25k is being spent on the WDE though. And general maintenance on other parts of the ground. It had been looking a bit run down so hopefully it'll look better on the 8th August.

Falkirks ground has a rubbish atmosphere but Cappielow is a proper dump, hate the wee stand we get cramped into!

*awaits 'one stand' jokes..*

Bring a decent number of fans and we'd open the WDE.

In saying that, I think more fans would travel if they knew they were getting that option. Especially on a sunny day.

Bring a decent number of fans and we'd open the WDE.

In saying that, I think more fans would travel if they knew they were getting that option. Especially on a sunny day.

How much would it actually cost to open it? Bugger all Id imagine.. Same turnstiles and same pie stand/window thing so what's the difference? 2 stewards ?

How much would it actually cost to open it? Bugger all Id imagine.. Same turnstiles and same pie stand/window thing so what's the difference? 2 stewards ?

I can only assume it's stewarding costs. Always seems to me to be typical shortsightedness from decision makers at Morton. I don't know the exact costs or reasons, so I can't be sure, but I'd guess there would be more to be gained from letting away fans into the WDE.

Not going to happen, do you know how much XXXXXXXXL fluorescent jackets cost?

I have two lying from my old work, you provide the guys, Il provide the jackets!

As mentioned before if it was known we were getting the wde Id expect us to bring a lot more.

If you get in the Cowshed or the WDE, Cappielow is a outstanding place to watch the football. The Main Stand is horrible, no leg room at all.

The Cowshed was brilliant when away fans were allowed in it. Got into such a sorry state in the late 90's. The seating mixed with terracing is pretty cool though, very unique.

The away end is a state. Steps literally crumbling away, parts of brick coming out from under the benches.Can't see it lasting much longer if it doesn't receive some serious renovation. A roof is the last thing it needs right now.

The Cowshed was brilliant when away fans were allowed in it. Got into such a sorry state in the late 90's. The seating mixed with terracing is pretty cool though, very unique.

The away end is a state. Steps literally crumbling away, parts of brick coming out from under the benches.Can't see it lasting much longer if it doesn't receive some serious renovation. A roof is the last thing it needs right now.

Yeah, as already mentioned, the away end behind the goal is getting a lot of work done to it like fixing the steps and benches and sorting out the turnstiles/gates, and general maintenance work all around the ground.

I love away fans in the Cowshed, great atmosphere.

Archived