Cappielow Set For 2million Upgrade

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean it would be great if the club could somehow come up with a couple of million quid to bring Cappielow up to the standards Falkirk fans would set but not everyone is lucky enough to get outside help with their stadium.

I mean it would be great if the club could somehow come up with a couple of million quid to bring Cappielow up to the standards Falkirk fans would set but not everyone is lucky enough to get outside help with their stadium.

????????????actual tears^^^^????????????????

????????????actual tears^^^^????????????????

lulz teh fihsing trip nice b8 m9!!1

These are just the facts of the matter. Improving or moving Cappielow costs money that the club don't have. That Falkirk didn't have either but thankfully for them they didn't have to. Same applies to St Mirren and a few other clubs who benefited in similar circumstances.

As it is we still have a tremendous home terrace so the crumbling away end is of little consequence to me personally.

lulz teh fihsing trip nice b8 m9!!1

These are just the facts of the matter. Improving or moving Cappielow costs money that the club don't have. That Falkirk didn't have either but thankfully for them they didn't have to. Same applies to St Mirren and a few other clubs who benefited in similar circumstances.

As it is we still have a tremendous home terrace so the crumbling away end is of little consequence to me personally.

Aww dinnae be too upset man.

No team in Scotland has suffered more than FFC due to the state of their ground????

Took us at least a decade to move out as well, which was fun.

Aww dinnae be too upset man.

No team in Scotland has suffered more than FFC due to the state of their ground

Took us at least a decade to move out as well, which was fun.

Actual tears.

The local council pumping taxpayers' money into your new ground after you managed to shift the old one to Morrisons isn't suffering, Gaz. Another £600,000 on the car park now I believe? It's strange how you lot "ten two" gloss over these things when going on about paying every penny of debt back and not going into administration to get out of trouble.

Falkirk really are the Mick Philpotts of Scottish football.

Actual tears.

The local council pumping taxpayers' money into your new ground after you managed to shift the old one to Morrisons isn't suffering, Gaz. Another £600,000 on the car park now I believe? It's strange how you lot "ten two" gloss over these things when going on about paying every penny of debt back and not going into administration to get out of trouble.

Falkirk really are the Mick Philpotts of Scottish football.

Jesus.

Do people outside of Falkirk actually believe this tripe?

The new ground build was funded entirely out of the sale of the old ground other than around £250k which came from the Lottery or Sportscotland (don't remember which)

Someone had better look at updating the Wikipedia page, it's doing Falkirk a hell of a disservice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Stadium

"The project of building the stadium was a partnership between Falkirk Football Club and Falkirk Council who set up the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd which provided the funds to construct and run the stadium.[5] Falkirk Council estimated £6.1 million would be required for the first stage of the Community Stadium build and would contribute £3.1 million initially. The sale of Brockville Park amounted to £9 million pounds for the club, of which £2.8 million went towards the build, whilst £200,000 came from sportscotland."

Someone had better look at updating the Wikipedia page, it's doing Falkirk a hell of a disservice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_Stadium

"The project of building the stadium was a partnership between Falkirk Football Club and Falkirk Council who set up the Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd which provided the funds to construct and run the stadium.[5] Falkirk Council estimated £6.1 million would be required for the first stage of the Community Stadium build and would contribute £3.1 million initially. The sale of Brockville Park amounted to £9 million pounds for the club, of which £2.8 million went towards the build, whilst £200,000 came from sportscotland."

Falkirk Council's £3.1m came from the sale of Brockville.

The new ground was funded by the sale of the old ground other than the £200k (not £250k as I had tought)

Falkirk Council's £3.1m came from the sale of Brockville.

The new ground was funded by the sale of the old ground other than the £200k (not £250k as I had tought)

So, the club made £9 million from the sale of Brockville, but only contributed £2.8 million?

What did Falkirk Council make from the sale, and why?

From that article, which specifically says the sale was worth £9 million to the club, it appears to me that they pocketed £6.2 million whilst expecting the taxpayer to foot a £3.1 million bill.

Archived