Official P&b Cycling Thread

Started cycling again since moving to the Sandnes area of Norway. The cycle path's have been well designed so you can go all the way into Stavanger. It's not too far but I haven't been brave enough to try that feat yet as the steep climbs are totally doing me in. Just enjoyed a leisurely cycle round the town this morning as I was up at 7 today.

Off topic,but I've been went on a business trip to Sandnes years ago and is still one of the most memorable trips I've had

The guy who was our host took us out on his wee boat and we sailed up one of the fjords for about an hour then stopped off at this tiny wee island,where he off loaded five crates of chilled beer and two large bin liners.

One contained freshly baked,unsliced granary bread and two large jars of mayonnaise and the other was full to the gunnels of fresh lagoustines in their shells.

We spent the next few hours drinking beer and having the biggest f**k off prawn sandwiches imaginable.

Pure magic !

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Off topic,but I've been went on a business trip to Sandes years ago and is still one of the most memorable trips I've had

The guy who was our host took us out on his wee baot and we sailed up one of the fjords for about an hout then stopped off at this tiny wee island,where he off loaded five crates of chilled beer and two large bin liners.

One contained freshly baked,unsliced granary bread and two large jars of mayonnaise and the other was full to the gunnels of fresh lagoustines in their shells.

We spent the next few hours drinking beer and having the biggest f**k off prawn sandwiches imaginable.

Pure magic !

That sounds amazing! And it pretty much sums the Norwegians around here up perfectly. I've not been on any boat trips since I got here, sadly. I'm pencilled in to go to the Pulpit Rock next week though, which will require some boat crossings. I'm determined to find that rock jammed between two cliffs!

Think I'll go for a cycle again later along the fjord. GIRFUY Paisleysaints laugh.gif

Nae,seriously,they encourage you to degrade the b*****d as much as you can to try and teach it a lesson,so it doesnt misbehave ever again!

:lol:

Sorted!

I tickle mine to keep it happy.

I sometimes do it to the bike, too :o

haha while you're taking in the lovely sights, think about me and flying scot going through the lovely area of Port which the cycle path goes through

I done just over 55 miles yesterday headed towards the Port but once i came to the end of the cycle pather i head back down it and towards Kilbirnie legs are knackered today need to give myself a rest day could even face cycling to work

I went to Kilmacolm today, hot, into the wind and tired after a party the night before. I did ok until just after Linwood and then I was dead lol. Guy on a boardman mountain bike took me at Brookfield and I actually kept with him to just after Kilmacolm but then faded. Slow time compared to usual 70mins from outskirts of Glasgow to Kilmacolm.

got lost and cycled down a huge hill to claverhouse, before having to turn aroud and go back.:(

the speedometer on my bike says my average speed is 32km/h. Not bad at all if i say so myself, Although to be honest im not sure ive been going that fast.

Edited by jojo

My cycle last night didn't go too well. I ended up pushing myself to go up a steep climb and when I reached the top I had the "Fun Part" of whizzing down the other side. Sadly I was too busy looking at the scenery that I was unaware that I had picked up some serious speed! I don't know how fast as I was going, it could have been 15mph or it could have been 30mph, whatever it was it felt fast! A tight corner soon followed and the fact I was cycling on loose gravel didn't help, my brakes seemed to do nothing and when I took the corner my back tyre spun out and I lost control of the bike. At this point I had one of those "Oh shit, this is going to hurt" moments. To my surprise I managed to get the bike under control and continued trying to ease the brakes, but even then I could feel myself sliding off the seat for the classic wedgie over the frame of the bike. Thankfully that too didn't happen and I was able to stop. I think I'll stick to cycling along flat surfaces for a while!

Did a 43 mile cycle to Prestonpans and back yesterday in little over 2 1/2 hours, felt absolutely superb.

I'm sure I passed UTN on the way.....

681x454.jpg

You spent all that money on new gear and you've got a fucking coke bottle in your bottle holder!

Plus,your seats way too low. :P

You spent all that money on new gear and you've got a fucking coke bottle in your bottle holder!

Plus,your seats way too low. :P

We all know that was me taking the picture as I whizzed past you.

I tried to find a picture to represent you having a wee break with your Mrs but couldn't!!:P

We all know that was me taking the picture as I whizzed past you.

I tried to find a picture to represent you having a wee break with your Mrs but couldn't!!:P

Obviously one of us had to take the picture,so here's a wee photie from our trip along the canal towpath the other day ;)

bike+picnic.jpg

Did a 43 mile cycle to Prestonpans and back yesterday in little over 2 1/2 hours, felt absolutely superb.

I'm sure I passed UTN on the way.....

681x454.jpg

Nice day for it. Which route did you take?

I need to get back out on the bike soon, it's been a while.

Nice day for it. Which route did you take?

I need to get back out on the bike soon, it's been a while.

South Queensferry to Crammond, cycle path down to Ocean Terminal. Along through Leith then along the prom briefly at Portablow but was too busy so went up the main road, through Musselburgh to the end of the race course then left to Prestonpans. Once you've seen Prestonpans, there is nothing else in the world that would surprise you.....

Coo, is that a dynamo-powered front light?

It is the optional stand that attracted me at first.

Just got clipless pedals at the weekend and after falling over in my garden trying to clip in and out I managed to cycle to work and back without falling off, I'm gearing up for this 50mile pedal for scotland with my pal, I reckon I could do the 100 miles but I want to enjoy it not kill myself, got to work in 35 minutes not bad for 11 1/2 miles. I was hooked on Le Tour these guys are proper athletes. Any one know any decent routes in the Falkirk area some of the roads are terrible here?

Just gone mad and got myself an HTC Highroad Jersey, Gloves and Socks so if you see me out say hello haha. I'm on a Giant Defy 2. White/Black/Yellow.

Just got clipless pedals at the weekend and after falling over in my garden trying to clip in and out I managed to cycle to work and back without falling off, I'm gearing up for this 50mile pedal for scotland with my pal, I reckon I could do the 100 miles but I want to enjoy it not kill myself, got to work in 35 minutes not bad for 11 1/2 miles. I was hooked on Le Tour these guys are proper athletes. Any one know any decent routes in the Falkirk area some of the roads are terrible here?

Just gone mad and got myself an HTC Highroad Jersey, Gloves and Socks so if you see me out say hello haha. I'm on a Giant Defy 2. White/Black/Yellow.

I've PM'd you some details.

Would have posted,but Monkeyblair would just have ripped the pish! :P

South Queensferry to Crammond, cycle path down to Ocean Terminal. Along through Leith then along the prom briefly at Portablow but was too busy so went up the main road, through Musselburgh to the end of the race course then left to Prestonpans. Once you've seen Prestonpans, there is nothing else in the world that would surprise you.....

Sounds good, I suppose Prestonpans is a good turning point as it would encourage you to get the hell out of there and give you a boost for the return journey!!!