Official P&b Cycling Thread

This snow is ruining my cycling

This. Exactly this. <_<

Pussies ! ;)

I got out today, done 14.4 miles. Was a nice cycle, cold but I was well wrapped up. Thermal jersey, wind proof vest, cycling jersey, arm warmers, roubaix leggings, overshoes, and my ear warmer. I find as soon as my legs and feet get overly cold they just shut down and I can barely summon the energy to turn the pedals. Plus, at least if I'm too warm I can undo the zip on my jersey and cool down a bit.

Would have been a lot nicer today if I wasn't being beaten half to death by a headwind on Castlemilk bypass.

post-3435-13631049147276_thumb.jpg

I got out today, done 14.4 miles. Was a nice cycle, cold but I was well wrapped up. Thermal jersey, wind proof vest, cycling jersey, arm warmers, roubaix leggings, overshoes, and my ear warmer. I find as soon as my legs and feet get overly cold they just shut down and I can barely summon the energy to turn the pedals. Plus, at least if I'm too warm I can undo the zip on my jersey and cool down a bit. Would have been a lot nicer today if I wasn't being beaten half to death by a headwind on Castlemilk bypass. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1363104911.566756.jpg

Still a Pussy !!

It's far easier to be too warm than too cold. I'd rather be more wrapped up than try and be some sort of diddy who goes out and catches the cold every time he goes near a bike.

Why no just buy one of these,in case you get a wee bit damp and develop a sniffle then?

post-25568-0-18183400-1363195116_thumb.j

Bit wet this morning, got right through my over shoes and everything. Thought I was bloody flying till I turned round and felt the wind in my face on the way back.

I done about 18 miles this morning. I find overshoes do nothing to keep your feet dry, but they do keep them warm.

The rain was fine today, the driving hail when I got up to Eaglesham gave my ears an absolute beating.

Took the bike to work this morning as i thought the main roads looked ok, 400 meters in i was on the ground having passed out with the pain of going head over heels over a car. One trip to the western later I have severe bruising and swelling to the hip but no break!

Took the bike to work this morning as i thought the main roads looked ok, 400 meters in i was on the ground having passed out with the pain of going head over heels over a car. One trip to the western later I have severe bruising and swelling to the hip but no break!

Is the guy's car ok?