Official P&b Cycling Thread

A good over view on sports products.

60 minute documentary, was released last years. Not flawless but does have Grahame Obree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l1yxk/Panorama_The_Truth_About_Sports_Products/

The message is that most products are more gimmick than reality but for very long distance bike rides isotonic drinks do offer an advantage.

As I understand it the gels and that are great for races where you need loads of instant energy near the end but for most people out on a trundle you are better off with a banana or some sweets of some kind.

Took a tumble yesterday and broke my collar bone. Obviously out of the trossachs this weekend gutted

Broken collarbones are nasty. Yesterday was the first day of rain for a good while so roads would have been very greasy. Get well soon!

Took a tumble yesterday and broke my collar bone. Obviously out of the trossachs this weekend gutted

f**k,sorry to hear that mate.

Plenty other years to do the Trossachs Ton,important things is you're mainly ok

How did it happen?

Edited by Unleash The Nade

f**k,sorry to hear that mate.

Plenty other years to do the Trossachs Ton,important things is you're mainly ok

How did it happen?

Thanks all. I hit a speed bump in the car park at work still cant work out how I done it. 6 week's in a sling gutted

60 minute documentary, was released last years. Not flawless but does have Grahame Obree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l1yxk/Panorama_The_Truth_About_Sports_Products/

The message is that most products are more gimmick than reality but for very long distance bike rides isotonic drinks do offer an advantage.

As I understand it the gels and that are great for races where you need loads of instant energy near the end but for most people out on a trundle you are better off with a banana or some sweets of some kind.

I find Soreen loaf to be very good, also oaty type flapjacks.

Yes, it's scientifically understandable that isotonic drinks are usefull - clue's in the word! Supermarket own brands are a fraction of the price of Powerade etc. On the PFS last year, I found the sponsor's cold milk very refreshing.

And hard luck, paisleysaints - you'll be back long before 6 weeks - I can tell! Best wishes.

Get well soon!

Took the road bike into work today with the tyres at 105 psi. I am scared to brush my teeth tonight as I think there is a chance every one will fall out!

Any done the glasgow to falkirk wheel cycle route? Is it mostly car free and more importantly, ned free?

Totally ned free, it's a really good, inclusive atmosphere. Mostly car free apart from some quite short sections but there are plenty of marshalls.

Thoroughly recommend it.

Took up the option of the Cycle to Work scheme my company recently launched, kick up the arse I needed to get a bike, been thinking about it for a while.

Went for a Giant Escape 2013 Hybrid and associated safety stuff. Should be ready today/tomorrow hopefully. Looking forward to getting back on a bike, it's been, shall we say, a right few years! :lol:

Edited by Rugster

Nasty. I got told when I did it that I would "never look good in a bikini again" Still cycling though. Good luck with the recovery.

That's if he is doing it on an organised run surely! If you're just using the cycle path it will be much like the others in the areas. 

So go with the "anything could happen" attitude. Always makes for a more exciting trip :)