Official P&b Cycling Thread

Out on monday. 116Ks with 1366m of climbing in 3:12, Inverness/ Drum/ Cannich. Only decent day this week, great run with very little traffic and too early for lethal tourists. Looking ok for Cairngorm 100 next month.

Oh the wind it's great when it's your friend and you can cruise at 20 odd plus. But you find yourself asking yourself why oh why when it's in your face. I actually cant remeber the last time I got out without any wind

There's a kind of straight road between Eaglesham and Jackton that is brutal with a headwind but fantastic with a tailwind.

Last week I had a tailwind on it and was flying along at about 28mph without putting any great effort in. The other day there was a headwind and it felt like my tyres were made of treacle. :(

Got myself the Triban 3 B'Twin Road Bike from Decathlon last night for £300. Been looking at buying one for ages and this one seems a good purchase for my first road bike, especially with the carbon spokes at the front. Only thing is I'm about 16 stone so will need to get the tires re inforced off a local bike shop. Looking to use it to cycle to my work as it's about 6.5 miles from my house, go out a wee test run on Sunday to see how long it will take me from Airdrie to Uddingston.

Looking to use it to cycle to my work as it's about 6.5 miles from my house, go out a wee test run on Sunday to see how long it will take me from Airdrie to Uddingston.

Hi KD. I'm interested to know your route?

Hi KD. I'm interested to know your route?

Certainly. Start off at Chapel Street in Airdrie which is just down the road from my house, follow down to South Bridge street and remain on that road all the way to the Shell Garage at Langloan, when it comes to that road there is actually a cycle path on the left next to the care home which takes me out at Bargeddie. I would then cycle up the hill from Bargeddie upto Tannochside Business Park. The hill at the end would definetely be a nightmare to climb. Alternatively I could go the North Road way through Bellshill and Viewpark down to the business park at Tannochside.

Trying to map it on Google the full route but it is being a nightmare on the works computer, will put one up tonight.

Yes, I thought that's the way you'd have to go - pretty miserable cycle route, though, KD. I wondered if there was a more pleasant way of going.

If you know of a more pleasant one fire it my way. Would gladly do it ha ha

I like when it rains slightly, keeps all the posers away, went to do a few laps of Strathclyde Loch and is was near empty today, place is full of jogging wankers if the sun threatens to peek oot

Took a break from road biking on Monday and went up the cycle tracks at the back of Lionthorn estate in Falkirk on my hybrid.

Fucking brilliant fun and really well laid out.

Some pretty easy bits,but also some really testing we descents, with sharp drops,hairpins and cambered corners.

Makes a nice change trying to avoid rocks and tress than mental fucking drivers

Took a break from road biking on Monday and went up the cycle tracks at the back of Lionthorn estate in Falkirk on my hybrid.

Some pretty easy bits,but also some really testing we descents, with sharp drops,hairpins and cambered corners.

Where's that UTN?

I often go past Lionthorn on the canal, but never realised that there was a cycle track there.

UTN: is this so good as to merit coming from the south-west (90minutes drive) to have a shot? Hybrid bike suitable?