Official P&b Cycling Thread

Brilliant run on the mountain bike today . Aberfoyle up past Loch Ard, Loch Chon, Lock Arklet, alongside Loch Katrine, past Loch Achray then over the Dukes Pass, back down to Aberfoyle . Tough going and like pedalling a tractor at times compared to to road bike 

I'm heading out for my hated cycle this weekend.  Kilmarnock - East Kilbride - Strathaven - Darvel - Kilmarnock.   Luckily the wind will be at my back from Strathaven to home but the first two hours I will actually hate my life.

Hate it so much I'm going to do it twice - once on Saturday and then race my time on Sunday.

On 25/05/2018 at 20:49, Dindeleux said:

I'm heading out for my hated cycle this weekend.  Kilmarnock - East Kilbride - Strathaven - Darvel - Kilmarnock.   Luckily the wind will be at my back from Strathaven to home but the first two hours I will actually hate my life.

Hate it so much I'm going to do it twice - once on Saturday and then race my time on Sunday.

I have no idea how you could do that.  I did 40 miles today after the Etape Caledonia last Sunday, and my legs hated me just about every inch of the way.  That's after six days, let alone 24 hours!

23 hours ago, Kmeister said:

Cycled from Livingston to Edinburgh today via Kirknewton and Balerno. Headwind all the way. What has happened to the wind blowing west to east as it should?

I hear you.  I was Stirling - Edinburgh via the Fife Coastal Path and it seemed relentless.  

On 5/25/2018 at 20:49, Dindeleux said:

I finished work early on Thursday as it looked flat calm and gloriously sunny. Needless to say, once I got home and out on the bike I spent the first 15 miles cycling into a headwind, and was a seething mess. Thankfully most of the last 20 were heading back home downwind, which was glorious. 

It's coming from the east again tomorrow. 

Cycled almost 30 miles with 1966 feet of climbing through the glorious East Lothian countryside. There is one hill going out of Spott which for the first time i got up without stopping. Chuffed as fck.

2 hours ago, Kmeister said:

Cycled almost 30 miles with 1966 feet of climbing through the glorious East Lothian countryside. There is one hill going out of Spott which for the first time i got up without stopping. Chuffed as fck.

What app you using to record that?

Been a long time since I posted on here but I've finally gotten round to sorting out another bike on my works ride to work scheme. Going for a Specialized Crosstrail Hydro Disc 2018 and some racks, pannier bags for scooting along the canal so I don't have to lug all my stuff on my bag and arrive a grotesquely sweaty mess. Looking forward to the 20 mile commute which will also see me avoid the horrors of Princes Street during the peak summer tourism season :)

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Been a long time since I posted on here but I've finally gotten round to sorting out another bike on my works ride to work scheme. Going for a Specialized Crosstrail Hydro Disc 2018 and some racks, pannier bags for scooting along the canal so I don't have to lug all my stuff on my bag and arrive a grotesquely sweaty mess. Looking forward to the 20 mile commute which will also see me avoid the horrors of Princes Street during the peak summer tourism season :)

Have you got a shower at work? Did a bit less than that with a few hills in London and my boss called me in after a few weeks and said the girls in the office were complaining about the pong. Not sure who was more embarrassed, me or him. :lol:

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Have you got a shower at work? Did a bit less than that with a few hills in London and my boss called me in after a few weeks and said the girls in the office were complaining about the pong. Not sure who was more embarrassed, me or him. :lol:

No showers at work but apparently there are some elsewhere on the Heriot Watt campus that people who work at the research park can use.  Hopefully not lugging all my gear on my back and the fact that it's a pretty flat route will help.

ETA: Good to see Perthshire Bell still rattled by cyclists.

Edited by RiG

19 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Tough 78 miles today , with 3670 feet of climbing ,most of which was through Fife.

Managed an average of 17.9mph despite the last 25 miles being done with one loose pedal after it fell off.

Take it your bike’s a Kia?

22 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Tough 78 miles today , with 3670 feet of climbing ,most of which was through Fife.

Managed an average of 17.9mph despite the last 25 miles being done with one loose pedal after it fell off.

Following this up, any one else here had problems with Look pedals ?

I’ve heard a few others say they’ve had similar problems and wondering if I should change brand