Official P&b Cycling Thread

The thing about big pockets on jerseys and the like is I'm seriously trying to avoid becoming a MAMIL - a middle aged man in lycra. Some of the more lurid examples I see on the road are fine for teenagers but look a bit daft on grown ups.

With regards to the law re lights and reflectors,look here Clicky

Dont knock the Lycra NBB,you can get some non-lurid kit and it really is much more comfortable and makes a huge difference,(especially the padding inside the shorts)

Better to be a MAMIL than a FOBWANK ( Fanny On Bike With Annoyingly Naff Kit) :lol:

As this picture of Monkeyblair will prove ;)

Dude.jpg

Edited by Unleash The Nade

With regards to the law re lights and reflectors,look here Clicky

Dont knock the Lycra NBB,you can get some non-lurid kit and it really is much more comfortable and makes a huge difference,(especially the padding inside the shorts)

Better to be a MAMIL than a FOBWANK ( Fanny On Bike With Annoyingly Naff Kit) :lol:

As this picture of Monkeyblair will prove ;)

Dude.jpg

Hey, that was 2 stones ago.

Have had to go to XXXXXXL now :lol:

It's bloody it pouring it down just now i am not looking forward to the cycle home, legs are also feeling slightly tight as well i can tell now its going to be a good run :rolleyes:

I'm not long in - it was pishing down right until I left work....then it stopped and I made it home comparatively dry! In the morning, I usually experience the opposite effect.

No wonder your legs are a bit tight. You didn't give yourself a rest day after the big ride. Fair play to you right enough, but I didn't go near the bike. I was too hung over anyway :ph34r:

Calling all P&B cyclists,click here for a fantastic bargain Schwalbe Tyres

Reduced from £22.98 to as little as £5.99 per tyre!

They also have folding ones at £6.99 each.Schwalbe Folding Tyres

Worth buying yourself a set as spares as these are brilliant road bike tyres

Edit To Add;Just been looking through the rest of this site www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk and some of their bargains are unbelievable

Enjoy!

Edited by Unleash The Nade

I'm not long in - it was pishing down right until I left work....then it stopped and I made it home comparatively dry! In the morning, I usually experience the opposite effect.

No wonder your legs are a bit tight. You didn't give yourself a rest day after the big ride. Fair play to you right enough, but I didn't go near the bike. I was too hung over anyway :ph34r:

Event photos are now on the guys website, my rider number was 7526

Event photos are now on the guys website, my rider number was 7526

I'm not in there FFS! :bairn

I emailed the guy and he explained that there are quite a few unidentified folk that they have still to put up.

I originally assumed thay had deliberately excluded all the ugly bastards until I seen that your photos are in there :P

Any chance of a link to the website?

Glasgow AMR

Edited by Drooper

Ah I hope he got me at the first stop as well then. Saying that I only seen him at that one bit

I clocked the guy at the top of a big climb about 85 miles in! He shouted that he wouldn't dare ask me to smile! :lol:

I told him I'd give him my best grimace - it must have broke his lens :D

I clocked the guy at the top of a big climb about 85 miles in! He shouted that he wouldn't dare ask me to smile! :lol:

I told him I'd give him my best grimace - it must have broke his lens :D

I'm sure that's where the photo's of me have been taken. Didn't see the guy at any other spot suppose i'll need to order these now.

What was your race number so I can check back and anyone else who done it. As you've had the chance to laugh at mine :rolleyes:

I'm sure that's where the photo's of me have been taken. Didn't see the guy at any other spot suppose i'll need to order these now.

What was your race number so I can check back and anyone else who done it. As you've had the chance to laugh at mine :rolleyes:

7624 :ph34r:

7624 :ph34r:

You havent been the only one missed. The two guys who done this with me neither of them have had any photo's done either haha. He must have a fair few he can't get the race numbers for.

Looking forward to doing my next offical cycle. Thinking about the PFS but with my Mrs due to give birth a week on sunday i'll play it by ear. Think i was lucky to get the 100 mile one in :lol:

Cycled to work tonight just under 11miles in 30mins av on the comp was 18.7 was pretty chuffed with that, usually i'm about 36 mins but the old supervisor gave a lesson on his cycling days so I pulled the finger out hahaha!

UTN i didn't fancy it on Tueday it thought i'd crash and take out a fair few back markers in the process trying to go round a bend haha