Golfers Thread

Gaz

Don't really want to be that guy who posts his Trackmans but my girlfriend doesn't give a f**k and I had to share these numbers with someone. Think I found a swing thought at the driving range today....

1965193222_4iron.thumb.PNG.e5933115ceb95835c78baab8c50db140.PNG6iron.thumb.PNG.d9e78e4df9e418b5d6a9670f9bd819b1.PNG8iron.thumb.PNG.0b8864b42aebf16adfdd3bc21f74afea.PNG

No idea what the Trackman picked up with that second 4 iron shot, hit 5 balls with each club. Possibly picked up a shot from the bay next to me or something.

That first 6 iron shot was pretty much the only poor one I hit, hopefully onto something!

We are now 2 months into our 1 year golfing adventure in New Zealand and have played 41 rounds on 36 courses, and hopefully most of the bad weather is behind us.

It was pretty wet and wild in July as we travelled round the Northland Region, but we managed to squeeze 20 rounds in before the Auckland lock-down started. Special mention goes to Waitangi and Kerikeri for their wonderfully prepared courses and hospitality. Carrington was a disappointment on both fronts.

As soon as the lock-down was announced we rushed from Northlands down to the Waikato. Here we have, so far, played another 21 courses, including some quaint and quirky ones like: Summerhill, Walton, Paeroa and Te Aroha. Special mention goes to Summerhill for its nice layout and scenic views. Most of the golf clubs don’t mind if you want to stay overnight and we have found this to be quite successful, some even provide electricity and allow the use of their showers for a small fee.

We had hoped to see signs of a resurgent New Zealand, but, so far, the courses are pretty empty as are the motorhome camps and the freedom camping spots. Great if you like it quiet. Maybe spring will see increases in the numbers.

My handicap has edged upwards since we started travelling around.

IMG_1599713688.405065.jpg

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Koepka out of US Open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/54095845

At US majors I tend to find myself routing for whoever the American crowd is not but not sure the 'Koepka against the world' mentality we seem to get at majors would have the same effect with no fans. Not been a great season for Brooks, hopefully his injury issues clear up and he comes back, he's an enjoyable player to watch.

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Knox shoots a -9 63 in the opening round of the opening event of the "2021" PGA Tour. Superb.

A well overdue round from Knox. Another season like this year and he'll be facing Q school.

Also saw Liam Johnston shot a 61 in the Portuguese Open to take the early lead in that event. 

Knox shoots a -9 63 in the opening round of the opening event of the "2021" PGA Tour. Superb.

A well overdue round from Knox. Another season like this year and he'll be facing Q school.

Also saw Liam Johnston shot a 61 in the Portuguese Open to take the early lead in that event. 

Yep great to see. As previously said I really like Knox. Comes across as one of the good guys who fully realises what a privileged life his talent ( and hard work) has brought him. Really hope he kicks on from here.

Edit to add Martin Laird shot 4 under in same event. Nice start for him too.

Played the Kings Course at Gleneagles the day. Was absolutely amazing. Never played any of the three of them so was quality to tick one off. Front 9 was a real slog, blowing a hoolie and pissing rain, but weather back 9 was great and it was tremendous. Managed an 86 and 34 stableford points which I was really happy with considering the weather. Really need to play the other two now, probably in June time though.

IMG_4777.jpg
IMG_4778.jpg
IMG_4780.jpg
IMG_4781.jpg
IMG_4782.jpg
IMG_4788.jpg
IMG_4789.jpg

It’s mental I can’t get a consistent score, frustrates the life out my, if I’m driving well and playing irons well my chipping and putting is awful... If putting and chipping well my driving and irons are awful!!!

As said above, its golf [emoji38]

Yep as someone once said I love my golf and just very occasionally she loves me back. She’s a fickle mistress though.
I played a knockout tie today. Tough conditions in the wind. Two up after 4 holes, two down after 11. Managed to square match on 17th. Match to extra holes. I hit two great shots to be just off the green. Opponent stuck behind a tree off the tee so in a similar position after 3 shots. I thin my chip straight across the green, then hit an awful chip to about 15 feet. Opponent lips out with his putt for a five and I duly hole my bogey putt to win. Great match with a really scrappy hole by both of us at the end.

Yep as someone once said I love my golf and just very occasionally she loves me back. She’s a fickle mistress though.
I played a knockout tie today. Tough conditions in the wind. Two up after 4 holes, two down after 11. Managed to square match on 17th. Match to extra holes. I hit two great shots to be just off the green. Opponent stuck behind a tree off the tee so in a similar position after 3 shots. I thin my chip straight across the green, then hit an awful chip to about 15 feet. Opponent lips out with his putt for a five and I duly hole my bogey putt to win. Great match with a really scrappy hole by both of us at the end.
Past round I was 61 net, over the moon with it and was excited to play in the up coming comp,
Sliced the ball into the trees on the first took me 5 to get out so 10 on the first par 5, I was 16 over at the turn and wanting to anywhere but my course nr the round and went home at the 15th