Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 20/09/2023 at 13:24, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see Bob is the only player from the European team competing this weekend. He said in an interview at the other day that he feels he plays better after a run of events so doesn’t want to take a break.

He’s 6 over through 9 holes today. I suspect he’s regretting his decision to play this week. 

47 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Tough watch so far...  Hoping Stark and Grant can make a comeback in the top match now the middle two are squared.  Hull and Pederson are having a shocker.

(...as is Bob at the French Open!!)

There’s been a noticeable absence of conceded putts even from pretty close range at the Solheim Cup. This could get very feisty. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Another thing I thought about this, not only are the Americans playing much better but this course just looks set up to them. I can bet the course next week will be tricked up to make the US feel uncomfortable but you could plonk this track in Texas or California and nobody would bat an eyelid.

Edited by Ignoramus

4 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Another thing I thought about this, not only are the Americans playing much better but this course just looks set up to them. I can bet the course next week will be tricked up to make the US feel uncomfortable but you could plonk this track in Texas or California and nobody would bat an eyelid.

The American captain,Stacey Lewis, mentioned that in her speech yesterday "the Europeans have finally given us a warm country with a course that hopefully suits us" 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Sky need to sort out the sound.

Grant holed that putt and you saw the crowd going mental, but no sound, and then we just had Dougie Donnelly talking over everyone else, presumably from the world feed

Yeah, broadcast seems a bit wonky.  There is also a lot of sonic interference in the form of Paul McGinley drivelling on endlessly, but sadly that's a common occurrence on Sky's golf coverage.