Golfers Thread

Gaz

13 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Tbf it wouldn’t be the best coverage. They often get to the greens, putt their ball, practise other shots, have chats for 10 mins and then move on. 

I did see one of the American players (possibly Clark) with a Spain football top on when they were on the 18th green. Obviously an attempt to wind up Bob before the big match next month!

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I did see one of the American players (possibly Clark) with a Spain football top on when they were on the 18th green. Obviously an attempt to wind up Bob before the big match next month!

Guy is a weapon after the comments about Rory. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/sep/28/welcome-to-the-ryder-cup-pumping-music-and-incoherent-speeches

"From the deckchairs and beanbags of the spectator village, through parched and fraying voices, came the strains of a song. They had come from all over Europe, taken holiday leave and emptied bank accounts, to join the party. And as they waited patiently in the baking Roman heat, they struck up – organically and quite unbidden – a chorus of Sweet Caroline. It was quite nice. Still, it was nothing that couldn’t be drowned out by an industrial-strength sound system, some synthetic drum beats downloaded straight off Uppbeat and a woman spewing banal platitudes for an hour. Little people of the 44th Ryder Cup: shush. We will decide how you will be entertained.

And so from the eternal city came the eternal opening ceremony: an inexorable treadmill of pumping music and glossy video montages and speeches so incoherent they verged on crimes against language."

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I'm hoping he put Tommy and Rory together just for the obvious Fleetwood Mac pubs.

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Let's hope it's a Landslide then.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, would be great if they can get an Albatross, then Don't Stop.....

In your Dreams.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Burns didn’t look overly happy with the reception him and Scotty received.

Scotty into the rough. Look like it sat down a bit. Rahmbo finds the short stuff!

Mon the European lads 🇪🇺🇪🇺

I’m sure that, in 2 years time, Sam Burns will be ensuring the New York crowd are nothing but kind to everyone