Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Cracking finish at the KLM Open. Three way Playoff with Guido Migliozzi, Marcus Kinhault of Sweden and England's Joe Dean

Kinhult couldn't have picked a worse time to chunk an iron like 1 of mine.

Scheffler is just relentless at the moment. Bob's stone cold putter continued today, he was -2 for the day but that only sends you down the leaderboard here.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Wonder what pseudonym Maurice Flitcroft is using this year?

3 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

Wonder what pseudonym Maurice Flitcroft is using this year?

Many moons ago I used the moniker 'MauriceFlitcroft'sGhost' on a golf forum.......can't remember which one it was though.....🤪

ETA - BombSquadGolf. Apparently no longer in existence.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

All 7 spots to go through to final qualifying from Barassie were secured by Scots.

Niall Shiels Donegan, son of Lloyd Cole's former bass player Lawrence, was T1 with a 67 at Frilford Heath.

YouTuber Rick Shiels was T100 at Caldy on the Wirral with an 81.

Goswick also dominated by Scots with a 12 for 5 places playoff still ongoing.

I'm having a god awful time with my golf the now. There's absolute nothing there. I got lessons, got dismantled, and now I can't hit the ball. I can't drive it, I can't get my irons off the deck, the only shots I kinda have are within 100 yards. 

I feel like my swing is sort of..... Close, but its not happening. I don't know how to tale the last step from a very mechanical, trying to make sure I do x and y backswing, to a functioning downswing and follow through. 

I think if I want to enjoy my golf again I'm going to have to go for more lessons but f**k me this game is expensive enough

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm having a god awful time with my golf the now. There's absolute nothing there. I got lessons, got dismantled, and now I can't hit the ball. I can't drive it, I can't get my irons off the deck, the only shots I kinda have are within 100 yards. 

I feel like my swing is sort of..... Close, but its not happening. I don't know how to tale the last step from a very mechanical, trying to make sure I do x and y backswing, to a functioning downswing and follow through. 

I think if I want to enjoy my golf again I'm going to have to go for more lessons but f**k me this game is expensive enough

Never a fan of hearing how a teaching pro has "dismantled" anyone's swing tbh. Some of them have an idea that there is a perfect swing that they can teach to anyone and that simply isn't the case. 

One of my workmates plays off 11 or so, and after playing for nearly 30 years he went for lessons and the pro basically told him he was doing everything wrong, including the way he gripped the club. He went through the same as you are and ended up just going back to the way he used to swing it, he went for 2-3 months with zero enjoyment from the game.

27 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Never a fan of hearing how a teaching pro has "dismantled" anyone's swing tbh. Some of them have an idea that there is a perfect swing that they can teach to anyone and that simply isn't the case. 

One of my workmates plays off 11 or so, and after playing for nearly 30 years he went for lessons and the pro basically told him he was doing everything wrong, including the way he gripped the club. He went through the same as you are and ended up just going back to the way he used to swing it, he went for 2-3 months with zero enjoyment from the game.

It's a b*****d honestly. I lost my way a bit at the tail end of last season. That and a desire to really.kick on this season pushed me to to go get lessons, and instead I'm dreading my rounds. 

I mean, I wasn't shooting the lights out but i was going round in low 90s on a good day, leaving strokes out there through daft wee mistakes and I thought let's go iron them out and just work on consistency. Now I'm utterly hacked off🙈

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

All 7 spots to go through to final qualifying from Barassie were secured by Scots.

Niall Shiels Donegan, son of Lloyd Cole's former bass player Lawrence, was T1 with a 67 at Frilford Heath.

YouTuber Rick Shiels was T100 at Caldy on the Wirral with an 81.

Goswick also dominated by Scots with a 12 for 5 places playoff still ongoing.

Fellow YouTuber Peter Finch also had a horror show. 12+ at Hesketh